Type sets

it took me about 5 years to get the Indian head cent., but I have found 4 of them now in roll searching
never found a barber dime yet,
I found a whole roll of steel cents last year, before that only about 3 in my whole time doing it.
and it seems a walker comes to me about once every 30 boxes of halfs.

Well I found my 1st and only Barber dime after searching 45 boxes - starting dimes on 9/10/08 (I found 107 silver Rosies and 7 Merc's before I found my Barber)

My 1st Walking Liberty Half after 10 boxes - starting halfs on 10/6/08 then my 2nd Walker 28 boxes later, then my 3rd Walker 9 boxes later.

It all depends on luck....

I have one barber dime in over 900,000 dimes searched

in 2008, I had 3 IHC and 9 steel pennies from about 1,200,000 pennies searched.

Walkers....my numbers are all skewed due to finding a hoard last year....these will be either easy or hard...depending on your location and method of search it seems

yep, all acordding to luck, found 2 indians in the past month at the same bank

HH
-GC

Thanks guys. I don't have high expectations for the IHC and the Steel Penny as I don't search the Pennies very often. I got a V nickel in my first box ever, so I think I may have already played my luck card for the barber era coins. The WL Half, however, seems to be a coin that is not rare to come by and it is a must find for me.

Guess I was lucky..........found a 43 steel in my 5th box of penny's.....a merc in 7th box of dimes,and franklin in 1st box of halves. Still looking for the rest.

I average 1 Indian Head penny every 37,650 pennies. Hope that helps.

-Codes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back