two pieces, two years apart, can anybody complete the puzzle?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_8991.JPG
found these two pieces at the site of a demolished barn. anybody recognize the logo?

There is Fulton Iron, it is an old company in Missouri, back to like 1891, and still in business as Fulton Iron Works, but I don't know if that is an "n" or not, and why they would have a sign on a barn. There are other iron companies, but if that is an "n" I don't know that others match.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
There is Fulton Iron, it is an old company in Missouri, back to like 1891, and still in business as Fulton Iron Works, but I don't know if that is an "n" or not, and why they would have a sign on a barn. There are other iron companies, but if that is an "n" I don't know that others match.

Good luck!

Looks like an H to me?

Upvote 0
i thought possibly high iron co but i couldn't find anything tying that company to Missouri or anything about it before the 60's and I'm 85% sure the barn was torn down by then. been a bean/cornfield since so I'm sure it was tied to the barn

Upvote 0
There was a Bridge Beach & Co out of St. Louis that did mostly stoves, but also did some boilers and misc stuff. There was a Shapleigh Hardware Co which appears to have operated its own foundry, but that one looks unlikely. Not seeing much ending in H

Upvote 0
I thought maybe the Faeth Iron Co. of Kansas City, Mo. But I haven't been able to find a match to confirm. Hope you find more pieces!

This is from 1919

Attachments

• faethiron1919.jpg
    faethiron1919.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
great suggestions guys. appreciate the leads. might have to wait until another piece surfaces to know for sure

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back