THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everybody
Mornin Evan!

1729708745464.png

Guitar and drums. Played in rock bands most of my life.
I was good enough on the mandolin for possibly a bluegrass band. Just never went that route. Too busy with my large "family" I spose. 😔 sigh...

They do tend to get in the way don't they? I was a semi-pro bowler too. I even had a sponsor! But....couldn't hack the travel needed again,"family".

And for what!? To dash my dreams? So I could be alone the rest of life!?!?

And for what!? To dash my dreams? So I could be alone the rest of life!?!?
Sorry. All we can do is the best we can, at the time, and under the circumstances. And just from that I've seen here, I'm sure you did that. Nobody knows how it will all turn out, and we never really know what a difference we made.

I'm out truck shopping. I'd almost rather fight Mr.T! So much BS. I'm going to retire & I've had a company truck for the last 18 years. I've worked a couple years more than I wanted to because of the truck & gas. All on me now, ouch! They want me to run a job 100 miles away. Big job, sucky crew, so I'm pulling the plug. I'll let some other poor slob pull his hair out dealing with all the problems.

I'm out truck shopping. I'd almost rather fight Mr.T! So much BS. I'm going to retire & I've had a company truck for the last 18 years. I've worked a couple years more than I wanted to because of the truck & gas. All on me now, ouch! They want me to run a job 100 miles away. Big job, sucky crew, so I'm pulling the plug. I'll let some other poor slob pull his hair out dealing with all the problems.
Yep! I like being the only guy on the job. Carpenter, laborer, foremen.... I tend to try not to yell at myself....:tongue3::laughing7:

Last edited:
I have to say … you all are the nicest boys I’ve ever known 😍 … when someone has a problem… talks about personal stuff… it’s always met with kindness/support. That is a very special thing. Makes me proud to be a Pirate aboard this ship xx 🤗 💕
I’ve had a lot of net friends but they are always so far away for a visit

Good luck with the truck purchase. Always better to shop online then have it transferred to the dealership. CarMax is a great company and easy to work with. Easy transfer to some cost some don’t.
Happy Retirement

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back