Two new silvers for me today, one of them I almost didn’t dig.

arbuckle

Mar 24, 2024
Unbelievably found my first silver Washington, despite my other finds thus far. Thought to myself great! On the board with a coin and silver to boot!

IMG_8922.jpeg
IMG_8927.jpeg
IMG_8928.jpeg

A few feet away I get the loudest high tone, 38-40, shallow. Nettles everywhere and I chose to wear shorts. Probably a big chunk of slag.

Meh, dig it anyway. Target was a bit off from where I dug so I stuck the screw driver in and pop the side, only to be greeted with a huge, shiny, reeded edge.

IMG_8923.jpeg
IMG_8924.jpeg
IMG_8925.jpeg
IMG_8926.jpeg

1923 Peace Dollar! The heft of this coin is wild. Not perfect condition, touched it with the screwdriver but she has plenty of wear to begin with. Great day in the sun. Enjoy.

IMG_8929.jpeg
IMG_8930.jpeg
IMG_8931.jpeg

Upvote 49
Great silver! Good thing you decided to dig that big one. That is why I dig almost everything... because you never really know just what it is!
The nearby area just behind this 1740s pub is a debris field of cans. I plan on going through it with a poker or detecting with only the purpose of pulling all the cans out that I can find, so then I can do a more focused search grid.

What a beautiful and glorious old silver dollar. Wow! I have yet to dig one myself. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back