Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Two Goldies! Trinkets & Clad

Hey Gang,

I haven't posted in quite a while, you guys are always finding much better stuff than I find so I've just been observing.

Today I got out for most of the day until the rain threatened the safety of the M6. The first place I detected was an elementary school which has a tot lot in front and one in back.

2008_0503Image0032.JPG
2008_0503Image0033.JPG

This particular school has small stones in their tot lots. Normally I don't find too much in the small stones, but due to the recent rain the M6 was picking up lots of valid signals. See Ring #4 below. This ring says 10K S&P...if anyone can tell me what S&P stands for I'd appreciate it.

Went to a local park tot lot next and only found 1 dime but I did discover where the people sit on the lawn during soccer games! I will return to that park another day!

The next two elementary schools were wood chips. The first one didn't yield too much but the last one, which is just around the corner from the first one, produced lots of stuff. Ring #3 below was found there. My wife claimed the butterfly pendant (upper right corner in trinket picture)...it is much prettier than the scan lets on. The stones are pink.

5-3 finds.jpg
5-3a  finds.jpg

A Mexican 20 centavo coin tops the next picture. In total I found 7 quarters, 28 dimes, 5 nickels and 83 pennies (60 zinc and 23 copper)...the pennies are not shown.

5-3b  finds.jpg

I was nearly done with the last tot lot when it began sprinkling. As I didn't bring a cover for the M6 I headed towards the car, picking up a couple pennies on the way there. Made it with plenty of time to spare.
Had a great time and didn't use too many gallons of gas! Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0
Re: Two Goldies! Trinkets & Clad

Holy jewelry heist batman - nice haul ;D

HH

Prober,
you always do good in my book... love the gold..and clad, well, heck it all adds up.. cool on all the lil trinkets too... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done Prober :o
That's a haul to be proud of.
Cheers, Mike

Thanks for your replies folks, I appreciate your interest.

The "S&P" might be the jewelers initials. Some jewelers "sign" with their initials or logo.

You have some great tot lots there! People in my hood don't lose jewelry at the tot lots, :P

Thanks for the nice comments folks.

Whoa!!! :o GREAT hunt, Prober!!! :thumbsup: Tell the wife congrats on that pretty new piece of jewelry! ;D :thumbsup:

Congrats on all those finds!! Nana :)

Born Free said:
The "S&P" might be the jewelers initials. Some jewelers "sign" with their initials or logo.

You have some great tot lots there! People in my hood don't lose jewelry at the tot lots, :P

Hey BornFree, I didn't think I'd find gold or silver in the tot lots either until they popped up. I think the secret is: dig everything...screwcaps, nickels, pennies...you never know what lurks beneath the turf!

Looks like you did good. Is all of that jewelry real? That's a lot of bling to find at an elementary school ;D

Nana40 said:
Whoa!!! :o GREAT hunt, Prober!!! :thumbsup: Tell the wife congrats on that pretty new piece of jewelry! ;D :thumbsup:

Congrats on all those finds!! Nana :)

Thanks Nana. Tammy always gets her pick after all, she is the boss! ;D

You had a great day, lots of diggins'!!!
Good to hear from you again.
Like you, I haven't posted much lately. I think everyone gets tired of the same old
pennies and dimes posts. Still lookin for that something special...

Keep safe...

"you guys are always finding much better stuff than I find so I've just been observing."

Maybe I need to observe more :tongue3: lol nice finds indeed!!!!!!!

you had a wonderful time of discovery and digs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TYFS

crazyjarhead said:
Looks like you did good. Is all of that jewelry real? That's a lot of bling to find at an elementary school ;D

Heck no it ain't real! Only the two rings are real. I wish the other stuff was real though, especially the ones that look like diamonds. LOL :icon_pirat:

RUDY2003 said:
You had a great day, lots of diggins'!!!
Good to hear from you again.
Like you, I haven't posted much lately. I think everyone gets tired of the same old
pennies and dimes posts. Still lookin for that something special...

Keep safe...

Thanks Rudy...I wouldn't have posted except for the two goldies! Then yesterday I found a silver ring & LOTS of clad so I posted that too. In lieu of something special I will take lots of clad!

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Rock ON Prober...

You are one of the RIGHTEOUS Few... :thumbsup:

What a Stellar Assortment...

Nick

Thanks Nick, hope you are getting out there & finding stuff. Haven't seen any of your culinary delights lately; you are slipping my friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back