two faced token?

riffdoctor

Greenie
Oct 14, 2007
northeast missouri
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum xlt
Found this in a yard close to kirksville mo, sorry about the photos being blurry I cant seem to get a closeup to come out.
The token has a portrait from bust up on each side, one side looks like the monopoly guy without the glasses, and the other looks like a bald abe lincoln.
It measures 1 and 1/2 inches I think its copper.
Any ideas on this would be helpfull.

Attachments

• HPIM0815.JPG
    HPIM0815.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 283
  • HPIM0814.JPG
    HPIM0814.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 285
I'm pretty sure that this is a late 19th or early 20th century political medalet depicting a presidential candidate on one side, and his vice presidential running mate on the either. Nearly all of the major candidates had such items. Unfortunately, I can't identify them further without sharper photos.

As a guess, maybe this dynamic duo from 1904:

800px-Parker-Davis-poster.jpg
HPIM0815.JPGHPIM0814.JPG

Upvote 0
I think PBK's being too cautious.
I reckon he's spot on with the ID.

If you use the ol' highly technical, squinching of the eyes technique, while looking at the fuzzy photo, I'd say the pictures are identical.

Cheers, Mike

Upvote 0
Once again PBK is spot on, perfect match. There is no date or writing on it anywhere, any ideas as to value? Thanks again for all your help.Neat little piece of history.

Upvote 0
Okay, so it is Parker after all, eh? I also notice that the medalet is holed at the top— as it should be, because it was suspended from a segmented watch fob. I couldn't find a photo of the Parker fob, but here's one issued for his opponent, Theodore Roosevelt, which will give you some idea of what a complete fob looked like: triangular segments, with square ones between, and a round medal at the bottom.

A complete Parker fob would be worth around $85-100. The medalet alone, maybe $10-20... mostly for its value in restoring one of the fobs.

001_big.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back