TUR1DEF.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 33
  • SK2.png
    SK2.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 33
  • SK22.JPG
    SK22.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 33
You know, to be such smelly creatures skunks are sort of cute. I have heard of some people even having them as pets. And besides, they don't just go around spraying things for fun.
A guy I know had one as a pet (RIP), he moved here from a state where they are legal to own but apparently they aren't here because they are considered exotic. They had the scent thing removed and its claws trimmed. It was a great pet, had the personality of a dog but the agility of a cat. It loved playing fetch with plastic caps off soda bottles.

Why not put the spotlight on a couple of skunks. They deserve some recognition
For what? About a month ago our black lab got sprayed doing her morning "business" at 5 am. Then ran through house before I got her back out. Repeated again the next day but she didn't make it back in this time. 2 days in a row...!!!!!! Had a thread about it awhile ago. Nasty animal.

I kept seeing it after dark in evening and before light in morning. Couldn't find it's burrow. Went out with the 2 corn buckets at 5 am (dark) to feed the deer. This skunk walked out of the woods, past me at 25ft and walked right up to the brick foundation of my home. There's a small hole at base. It's a half-brick small opening. It squeezed right in...! I've been looking for its home and the damn thing is living right under me. That night.... long after dark that problem was blocked off. Next morning... right on schedule here it comes. SURPRISE...!!!!! After 5 minutes of the WTF thinking off to the woods it went. Haven't seen it again (yet).

For what? About a month ago our black lab got sprayed doing her morning "business" at 5 am. Then ran through house before I got her back out. Repeated again the next day but she didn't make it back in this time. 2 days in a row...!!!!!! Had a thread about it awhile ago. Nasty animal.

I kept seeing it after dark in evening and before light in morning. Couldn't find it's burrow. Went out with the 2 corn buckets at 5 am (dark) to feed the deer. This skunk walked out of the woods, past me at 25ft and walked right up to the brick foundation of my home. There's a small hole at base. It's a half-brick small opening. It squeezed right in...! I've been looking for its home and the damn thing is living right under me. That night.... long after dark that problem was blocked off. Next morning... right on schedule here it comes. SURPRISE...!!!!! After 5 minutes of the WTF thinking off to the woods it went. Haven't seen it again (yet).
There's a pile of limbs and cuttings in the corner of my yard. When my dog Ollie who was a mut was still around I'd let him out in 4 in the morning and he usually ran the rabbit all around before he'd take care of his business. He detected something over by that pile of branches, but he got ultra excited on what ever it was. My first thought was oh chit it's probably a skunk. Sure enough as soon as I started running over there yelling "Lieve IT" it spayed him directly in his face. He came jumping out of that pile blowing his snout and shaking the hell out of his head. The skunk spay flooded his eye and they looked like florescent yellow. It was a mess and I put him in the garage with a note on the door to the house and a garage telling my wife who was still asleep DO NOT LET OLLIE IN THE HOUSE He got hit big time by a skunk. I went to Wal-Mart and waited for them to open so I could get some Dawn dish soap, peroxide, wash brush and car wash mit. I have a big galvanized tub and filled it up with water and the whole small bottle of dish soap and peroxide and scrubbed the heck out of that dog. I got the spay all washed out of that mut, but the odor still lingered on for weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back