Trying to get a permit in British Columbia.

newfyviking

Jun 24, 2007
I am starting to think it cant be done.
I think i will use this to show how pathetic and wrong this is.
I tried in april 2023, submitted my NOW for the permit for a area based permit.
sept 2023 it got out right declined.
I should say the guy who did my application does mining permits for a living so it is done right..
In nov 2023 we re submitted it as a site specific permit.
Its a simple application but its been a year.
What the hell is wrong with my government.
I am not thinking the government has a policy of screw the little guy.
This is part of the mines inspector response to me asking about the permit.
Its what was done on my claims this summer is whats so wrong and how i am just a joke.
I have no problem exposing it as i have done this in the past when My Treasure net id was Hmmm

Hi Paul, sept 27 2024

I wanted to give you and update on the referrals and consultation process for your application.

The agency referral process has closed for this application. We received one response from a Biologist with Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship.The Biologist expressed concerns around old quarries, which can contain areas of standing water that may be used by amphibians for breeding. Most amphibians, their eggs and tadpoles are protected under the Wildlife Act. If exploration activities involvedewatering or excavating into areas of standing water, it should be done outside the peak amphibian breeding period of early April to early August. Will you be excavating in standing water, or dewatering the old quarry sites?

The consultation process is ongoing. On Sept 19, the First Nation Advisor received a response from ---- First Nation requesting that we provide an extension on the initial response date. The ----Counci will be discussing the application at their next Council meeting on Oct 2. That extension was provided. We anticipate receiving a response from --- on the application in October, after it has been discussed at the Oct 2 Council meeting.

Enjoy the weekend!

Dealing with the endless layers of bureaucracy in (any) government has to be one of the most frustrating things in life.
beathead.gif

Only suggestion I could make is to be patient, and persistent.

The problem is if i don't get it soon i will be screwed.
The part about the standing water in the rock Pitts is so hypocritical, the logging company had sent in feller bunchers into the old growth forest and levelled a totally sacred ecological eco system which was the last remaining patch of old growth forest on the mountain.

Just remember THEY All WANT A cut !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back