trying to find anything i can about it

fast_408

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2016
North Judson ,In
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title says ,I have an old ax or something to that nature .It was given too me, the guy I got it from said he had no ideal where he got it, only that he has had it from when he was a kid. and he is 62 now! It has copper inlay in it and the holes seem to be squared edges like it was done with a hammer n chisel, the head has a cap on it that if u look from the bottom almost looks like it was soldered on, it also has a bolt with threads in the center of the bottom I think it may of been added after it was built, bc it seems like the head is tapered ,I think they used to use a wedge type of handle where u put it in and slide it down till it wedges , Im not for sure on this its just a guess I have no experience in any thing like this so if I can get any thing else to help identify it just lmk I took a bunch of pics ,but if anyone wants a diffrent angle just ask . thankyou for any and all help you guys may be able to offer 008.JPG027.JPG019.JPG016.JPG014.JPG015.JPG013.JPG012.JPG011.JPG010.JPG009.JPG028.JPG061.JPG

Knowing my luck I'd say it's def a knock off but looking at it compared to the pic of the repo one it looks original the way the cap is on the one in the link of an original one compared to mine there both the same how they have almost like copper in the cracks of the lid compared to the repo one and then the steel u can tell is different too this is just my opinion I'd really like to find someone who can tell me for sure one way or another if anyone knows where to get that done at please lmk and thanks for showing me the fake ones other wise I'd of been for sure it was real now I have to get it checked out

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back