Triple stage slice for small dredges

Triple stage sluices are desighned to get the small stuff out of the main heavy water flow of your main box,your small dredges dont usually have enough material or water flow to worry about it.

friend of mine made one for 3" said it improved fine recovery.

Well if one was made for that small of a dredge it would have to be very small to account for the less water flow. It would still be possible but very small and compact, if you are where there is a lot of sand, I dont think it would be a good idea, it would load up and lean one way or the other but if you had a lot of gravel to deal with , it would be the way to go, in my opinion..

We made o/u for dredges all the way down to 2 1/2" for almost 20 years and it is VERY doable and the increase in fines retention is great. Forget them insane 3 way bull and go for a simple over under and your recovery will increase immensely-tons a au 2 u2 -John

Hoser John said:
We made o/u for dredges all the way down to 2 1/2" for almost 20 years and it is VERY doable and the increase in fines retention is great. Forget them insane 3 way bull and go for a simple over under and your recovery will increase immensely-tons a au 2 u2 -John
Take that info to heart :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back