waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was back to the local park that my local MD dealer assures me has been completely hunted out:).
I managed to pull a 1926 & 1936S Wheat from an area I hadn't hunted before along with a bit of clad.

After I had finished, I put up my gear and took a stroll to the porta potty for a bio break. En route I talked to a couple of park employees. One of them asked if I had ever hunted a different park. I said no, that I hadn't seen anything there to attract my curiosity. He then told me how before the property became a park a guy operated a boat rental and repair shop near the lake. After getting directions I decided to give it a quick look. Imagine my surprise when the first signal I got was a solid 91 with good tone. At 5" I popped out a 1944S Merc.

In the limited time I was there I got 3 other solid silver tones. 2 were memorial cents (I'm not sure what it is about our soil in the pacific northwest, but cents seem to give off high VDI readings after they've been in the ground for a while). The other target was a large aluminum container of some sort. I'll put it up on "What Is It" a bit later. Had to leave for an appointment, but I know where I'll be hunting for the next few days if the snow holds off.

I also want to say thanks to our local parks department. The guys and gals have been very supportive and helpful in telling me the history of various parks and pointing out where structures were in the past.

Attachments

• treasures 1130.JPG
    treasures 1130.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
GOOD LOOKING WILVER, GO BACK WITH THAT WHITES AND HIT IT AGAIN.
DON`T SOUND LIKE ITS HUNTED OUT YET.......PACO, BONE DRY DETECTING

PACO said:
GOOD LOOKING WILVER, GO BACK WITH THAT WHITES AND HIT IT AGAIN.
DON`T SOUND LIKE ITS HUNTED OUT YET.......PACO, BONE DRY DETECTING

It will be my new favorite spot for at least a week ;D And if I find more silver I'm buying the park guys some donuts!

That's a good hunt,WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back