Triangular Rock; A Marker?

I'm trying to catch up on some reading and finding alot of good things.About the three pictures
you sent together the top of the rocks on the third one looks like a turtle head and part of its body.
Maybe its my imaganation but thats what it looks like to me.I just don't remember what the turtle
sign was used for,i think its very interesting.Find anything i hope you post it.Just my thoughts. :)

You have some good Spanish rock trail markers. One of the things you need to remember is the Spanish engineers did not make giant rock markers for people to see up close. You can spend all the time you want using metal detectors around these large rocks, but the chances are slim you will find nothing or little.

The rocks you have identified are meant to be seen at a distance, usually from the bottom of a hill, mountain, or an arroyo. If you were following a treasure trail of rocks in hostile territory you would not be walking along the Crest of a hill, ridge or mountain. The opportunity of staying alive means you stay our of site, which means you are at the lowest possible point looking up.

The closer you get to a mine or treasure site you will find the rock markers get smaller. Finally the closer you get you will find the rock markers may be flat or embedded evenly with the ground. They will not be upright and seen more than 50 to 100 yards distant. Good luck on your search, but you have a hike ahead of you if you want to find something anytime in the near future.

You would not hide your money and then leave a structure that would call out attention near it. The only time that I have seen actual treasure found that involves rocks is as a cover for the treasure container or entrance to the tunnel leading to it. Even then the rocks where not visible, they where found once digging began.

Not trying to rain on the adventure but just something to keep in mind.

You are correct GF,

These monuments and markers we discuss here lead to the locations you speak of.
You can hunt for a lifetime and leave these out.
OR
you can follow these and become a wealthy man if you learn how to read them.

Thom

Slain
Any updates to your adventure?
Would like to here from you.

Maybe he is RICH. :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back