Treasures by the Yard! Treasures by the Buckets!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
How many of you keep everything you find metal detecting?

I began my new MD'ing hobby March 2007, ordering my first SE package from Tony Pasquale at KellyCo. I was a fan of the hobby back in the 80s but eventually moved on to other things. Since March 2007, I've owned 3 more SEs and numerous other detectors; liking to compare them. I made it a habit right off the bat of bringing everything I found home; placing it in 6 gallon buckets. Well, my wife got tired of seeing/smelling my "treasures" in the garage and gave me orders to move it out. So, I've spent the last several hours documenting my finds with photos and sorting through it before discarding it. Surprisingly, I found seven coins, two tokens, a lot of lead, bullets, and misc. items I'd initially overlooked! Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show you my Trash Treasures; proving I have been a dedicated Metal Detectorist for (9) months out of the pass 15 months or so. I actually gave up the hobby from August 2007 until Feburary 2008 for a lot of reasons; none valid. So, it all amounts to a lot of trash for 9 months of digging! Do you think I should qualify for the banner? :)

Enjoy!!!
GRB

Attachments

• Trash 06-18-08-950.JPG
    Trash 06-18-08-950.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,632
  • Trash Yard-950.JPG
    Trash Yard-950.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,618
Upvote 0
damn! that's a lot of stuff. i'm not far behind and the bottles too. my garage is 28' x 40' but time to add on. the wife wants to put her car in. what a brat she is.

hmmm. that seems like the kind of stuff i find. i am the queen of rusty nails... i keep most of what i find too. though i have been throwing out quite a few of the nails lately. can they be turned in for scrap???

Hey, BuckleBoy has some competition. We can start calling you the ALUMINUM Brigade ;D :thumbsup:

After 25 years of detecting I wonder how many buckets I could have filled. It's a shame that I didn't save my trash all these years. The second I saw that picture, i started saving and sorting out the aluminum and iron. Great idea Ron . . .

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

pookie said:
hmmm. that seems like the kind of stuff i find. i am the queen of rusty nails... i keep most of what i find too. though i have been throwing out quite a few of the nails lately. can they be turned in for scrap???
yeah! nails is scrap too! they are steel. any metal is good right now. copper a premium. bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back