Treasure Hunting Can Be A Life Taking Hobby

lockdownking

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is more for those who are trying to get into hunting for treasure than it is for those who have been in it for a while. I have been treasure hunting since 2009 and have been through many states. I have learned so much about Treasure Hunting that I should write a book, but instead I can only share my experiences as a "What Not To Do While Treasure Hunting" as I am definitely not an author.
Some of the lessons I have learned include the following:

My story can be found by looking up Reconnaissance Treasure Hunters on Google but if it weren't for this site, I may have never discovered concrete evidence one of the biggest hoards of treasure yet. It seems that when most people get into treasure hunting, they always look to the state of Florida, and that is not a bad thing as long as keeping it to yourself is what you plan to do.

I have found that government will support laws suggested by archies and will 99 percent of the time change the laws to favor Archies, politicians, and other treasure hunting/recovery companies than it does the general public. Doing the right thing and reporting your find to the government and trying to get a permit to uncover a treasure is NOT the way I will be going from this point forward. I tried doing the right thing (only because of I stumbled upon hundreds of locations) and thought I would test the waters (no pun intended) of trust. They have all failed without even a slight number passing my test.

This newfound relationship I have with not reporting is due to the greed of those in the political arena. Without dragging politicians and other treasure companies through the mud (as it is not my style), I have found newspaper companies that have gone out of business, stories that have been covered up (or tried), and sign-offs of archies on the building up of the Space Coast in which began in the 1950's and 60's during the space program start up. I have seen treasures found by construction workers that were confiscated by a state and have never been seen by the public since the 1980's, only after being threatened by prison time. The latest of these came in the turning of the century just before 2010.

Because of my studies, I have found hundreds of different sites but cannot go uncover them due to the chances of getting caught would make me feel like I was living back in the days of prohibition and I was a distributor of moonshine.

Treasure hunting should never be considered a "safe" thing to pursue. I have been introduced to some water moccasins, alligators, rattle snakes, and snakes I have no idea what type they were. Yet the lure of a treasure hunt keeps me going. I would suggest that if a reconnaissance run or research be conducted, that you never bring a family member. If a friend goes with you on a recon, that the reason to go should be made into something different. Such as "Bird Watching".

One should always respect other persons properties when metal detecting or treasure hunting and should only proceed with permission and the knowledge that you may not end up getting rewarded for what you find. Greed is a treasure hunters 3rd enemy. The other two I have already mentioned above. I have never and will never cross this boundary of another mans property because I know how I would feel if it were done to me.

After studying ocean, river, and lake currents and weather conditions, their effects and affects, I have built up a new research term and have named it "The Davy Jones Affect". To tell you what it is would be to point out the treasures it shows (and there is a lot of them). Renaming Reconnaissance has been thought of but when you search for treasure this long, it becomes irrelevant to change anything except for the way I operate.

I hope this short article finds its way into the newcomers arena and hope it stirs up some feelings for others to think about before continuing on the path to be a treasure hunter.
Good luck

Fair advice lockdown, but of hundreds of locations, have you recovered any yet?

lock-down-king, I assume you are talking caches type hunting. And not individual fumble fingers type coin/relic hunting, eh ? Your key-words only lead to a site requiring someone to sign up. I don't think people are going to be clicking on buttons @ unknown sites.

Wear a ghillie suit. Hear a noise lay down. LOL. If you hear choppers above, that might be a problem. They have thermal Haha

Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Ah, the mind of a treasure hunter...!
Plug-in "Murphy's Law" into the equation,
and only make note of the successes,
being Optimistic TH-er, you'll roll with the rest....!

Hey sprailroad,
I am working on getting a pair of Enduros and a few other items including snake boots to do just that. They are deep enough in the woods to allow a bit of a get away. The thought of helicopters doesn't really affect me as someone else had posted as their fuel supply wouldn't allow them to hover forever. The county only has one helicopter and I doubt they would send choppers out for a couple of dirt bike riders who are riding out in the middle of nowhere.
As Tom in CA mentioned about signing up, the site can be read without signing up and is more for just reading and recording anyway. I had some extra time on my hands and wanted to step outside the box and re-think things from others perspectives as there is probably something I am not thinking of and the general public usually points these out to me (such as the helicopters). Great group of people responding here and I appreciate it.

My story can be found by looking up Reconnaissance Treasure Hunters on Google but if it weren't for this site, I may have never discovered concrete evidence one of the biggest hoards of treasure yet.

That's quite an admission for a seasoned treasure hunter to make on a public forum full of strangers. You're a trusting soul.

Archeolagists I think they will never need to come to A2 MI

Snake boots? I have a pair for going to my creek. I'm just a chicken. I have never used any for detecting.

Hey sprailroad,
I am working on getting a pair of Enduros and a few other items including snake boots to do just that. They are deep enough in the woods to allow a bit of a get away. The thought of helicopters doesn't really affect me as someone else had posted as their fuel supply wouldn't allow them to hover forever. The county only has one helicopter and I doubt they would send choppers out for a couple of dirt bike riders who are riding out in the middle of nowhere.
As Tom in CA mentioned about signing up, the site can be read without signing up and is more for just reading and recording anyway. I had some extra time on my hands and wanted to step outside the box and re-think things from others perspectives as there is probably something I am not thinking of and the general public usually points these out to me (such as the helicopters). Great group of people responding here and I appreciate it.

Hi Is a bird not a natural indicator of a unseen presence .? Can a 6 foot deadly snake launch a strike a distance more than its total length ? Yes Snake Boots really . TP

After reading this post, I now know what would happen if just anybody was allowed to perform brain surgery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back