Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Totally new, how'd I do? First day hunting

I'm new to treasurenet and metal detecting so hello!

Here's my first outing hunt list:

Found a seemingly modern silver pendant 4grams
1977 quarter
A bullet casing, 38 spl
A .45 cal bullet
A few 30 year old pennies
An old brass flat button
A shitload of junk

I really enjoyed it thoroughly, still confused by reading that detector. Just as a reference this was an old military base I searched, with permission.

Any advise moving forward?

You found more than I did today. Stay with it! :occasion14:

Congratulations! Keep looking and you may find the entrance to the underground bunker where they did genetic experiments with the alien greys.

Attachments

• Uh Oh!.jpg
    Uh Oh!.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 78
Hi Scrappy; Welcome from Boston. Neat Stuff. It's just your beginning ok. That flat old Button could be a one piece Button from the 1700's. We can't help on it because of no pics. So go ahead and Post a pic of. Happy Hunting ok. PEACE:RONB

Congrats.Iam jealous.I found 2 pennies today.HH

Wow, thanks for the welcome and comments gents. I've read a ton about searching and use, stories, and killer finds, but actually going out and pounding the dirt put a lot in prospective. I must say that theory is useful but nothing like getting out there, which proved difficult to my first attempt. It really helped that you all mentioned that it wasn't a bad first day.

Good hunting!

as said, a camera to upload pics is essential!

keep at it - I for one, am only too aware of beginners luck!

this site is full of helpful and knowledgeable people, so feel free to ask their advice (I would have been lost without them all!) - you could not be in better company!

HH

Welcome to T Net! Can you post pics? We like to ogle other people's finds!
You also bested me! I'm going out Sunday MD'ing, hopefully I will be able to dig up what I find! LOL! -frozen ground here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back