Topaz mountain few hour result

Allard

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys after being on Topaz Mountain for a few hours today we found a lot of little pieces.

Because we forgot our food (smart...) we only went there for like 4 hours.

Even though the pieces are very small as starter we really like that we found anything at all.

Tomorrow we will start hunting for the big ones.

Quick question on the side; are these pieces worth any or are they too small?

Thnx!
20171023_175321.jpg

20171023_175210.jpg

20171023_175227.jpg

Upvote 8
Those are some nice topaz crystals. It looks like you dug those out of the rhyolite. If you want those to keep their color and not go clear keep them out of the sun. I might be heading out there in 2 weeks. Its a good time to go since it wont be blazing hot!!

#1 Yep most of them where out of one single chamber and there was even more up there but we decided to move on.

#2 Yeah the weather is great now! We start at around 10 in the morning and the temperature is perfect for the big climb up and after that the sun gives a really nice temperature. Only the wind can be cold some times but i'm glad it isn't mid summer the climb itself is pretty heavy for someone with asthma ;)!

#General
I'm really curious about the value! I'm not here for the money ( a little extra is always nice of course ) but i really want to become someone with some basic knowledge.

The pieces are pretty small tho i think the biggest one at the moment is maybe 2/3mm wide and about 8/9mm long. Some are very clear tho and have a really nice pink

I have no idea about monetary value but I did read somewhere that the Topaz fromthat mountain isnt worth too much because most of it still has the rhyolite inside the crystal. The red beryl is where its at for the value but its hard to find.. The Wah Wah Mountains is where you get the real good ones but that is all under claim. There is some beryl found at Topaz Mountain I just havent been able to find it yet. I did get a nice but small bixyite specimen out there early this year.

#1 Yep most of them where out of one single chamber and there was even more up there but we decided to move on.

#2 Yeah the weather is great now! We start at around 10 in the morning and the temperature is perfect for the big climb up and after that the sun gives a really nice temperature. Only the wind can be cold some times but i'm glad it isn't mid summer the climb itself is pretty heavy for someone with asthma ;)!

#General
I'm really curious about the value! I'm not here for the money ( a little extra is always nice of course ) but i really want to become someone with some basic knowledge.

The pieces are pretty small tho i think the biggest one at the moment is maybe 2/3mm wide and about 8/9mm long. Some are very clear tho and have a really nice pink

Here the results of day 2.

20171024_183258.jpg

And here the 3th and last day.

20171025_174219.jpg

#General

The good money on them is for the clusters they form there. I've seen small clusters go for thousands of dollars but they were crystals that were the size of my thumb. I've yet to go out there, but I will make a trip one day, I have alot of friends I can stay with in Salt Lake City. I would die if I could find even a small red beryl, the ultimate find there! Some super nice color on those Allard! Keep them out of the sun like fmrUSMC says!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back