Tool Id wanted

bansheeraptor

May 11, 2015
Boise Id
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am going to guess the northwest again , this piece came right off of the top of the barrel , any ideas as to time period and possibly tribe ?
20150511_161347_resized.jpg

Upvote 0
Not seeing a tool here.I don't know of a tool made like that.I'm guessing its natural but there's plenty of opinions on here....mjm

That thing fits in your hand so well like a hatchet it's not funny , and the index finger groove is perfect , and the shaved edges ,
really ? it's totally a tool of some sort

I see flaking and an intentional notch.
It looks to me like it was a tang knife in the making...but...the material where the blade should be appears weak and crumbly..that's probably why it was never finished.

I see flaking and an intentional notch.
It looks to me like it was a tang knife in the making...but...the material where the blade should be appears weak and crumbly..that's probably why it was never finished.
How did hey shave the edges on the handle , looks like they were filed , but how ?

All I see is edges where flakes have been removed.... That's what gives the angles

The notch looks newly made to me. It looks like someone was trying their hand a flaking and did a really poor job of it.

Interesting item! With the flaking in and around the concave notch (right side of photo), It looks like a palm held spokeshave tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back