Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to a local lake swimming area so the grand kids could swim and play while I did a little detecting. I got in 3.5 hours of detecting with my ATPro. I always set it in PRO ZERO, With IRON AUDIO on, IRON DISCRIMINATION on 30, and SENSITIVITY was set 3 down from max. I set SENSITIVITY up and down depending on the ground conditions so I hear everything in the ground without too many falsing signals.

I found a lot of foil, 32 coins with a face value of $2.35, 4 tabs, a Hotwheels car, a nice green snake (eyeball find), 2 cheapy earrings, a fishing sinker, a gold colored bent piece of decorative aluminum (probably off a fancy tie cord), a blank cartridge, the aluminum tie from a bag of ice, a small stainless ball, a painted brass shoe grommet, a stainless screw, a scrap of chewed up aluminum, and a small gold ring.

87FD0536-F6FD-4F68-84D4-5BF81F2DA55B.jpeg

About 2 hours into the hunt as I was gridding the swimming area and beach. I got a nice tight solid 50 on the VDI in about 4.5 feet of water. I scooped up this little beauty. My new little snakey friend really likes the new ring. It is 10k and weighs in at a tiny .05 troy ounce or 1.5 grams. Not a banner find, but gold always make the hunt better so I’ll take it.

778C637F-2971-4A91-84B5-94232FE24F05.jpeg

The kids had fun playing, I got cooled off in the water (90 degrees today), I got a little gas payback and a few more goodies (some to recycle land others to sell eventually). Another good day with a detector in my hands. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 29
Dippin and Rippin I like it. Well done my friend

Gold is Gold!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Well that hunt went swimmingly well, congratulations on the gold band. ATPros don't lie when there is gold under the coil. Sub :occasion14:

Nice job, congrats! :occasion14:

Gold is Good! I'm still hunting for my first.

I have found a lot of gold in 17 years of detecting, but it took over a year to find my first. It is out there waiting for you. Keep swingin and you will find it. Good luck.

Outstanding!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back