Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the turf this morning at 7:00 and the temp was already 83 degrees!? By 8:30 it was 92 degrees!? Found a clad penny, went home and will look for a cool spot for the rest of the day.? It may be harder to find than a mercury dime!? No rain in nearly a month and my water bill is out of sight! I water my front lawn only and the backyard is dead, dead!? Gasoline is up to $2.39? a gal. here so can't make those longer trips to hunt in my gas guzzler 4X4 pickup!? I now takes right at $90.00 to fill 'er up!? Some local politicians want to up gasoline tax by a nickel a gallon to pay for highway improvements.? Not needed if you can't afford to drive!? Talk about your terrible timing!? " A penny saved is a penny earned", Poor Richard.? What's that old dead fool know that I don't?? Things are tough all over!? ? JIM

Found a site that should be required reading for all members; Symptoms and treatment for heat exhaustion: http//www.surviveoutdoors.com/reference/heatexhaustion.asp

Upvote 0
Jim, I hear you about bot the heat and the gas. Here in RI, it was in the 90s by 10am, and I quit hunting after about an hour! The gas is up to $2.45 a gallon, so I hear you about not driving. Great link you posted, very timely, unlike those #@!#$ politicians. Rasiing the gas tax, are they actually serious about that?? Time to break out those bycycles!! HH!

?Gasoline is up to $2.39? a gal. here

Gas is $2.55 per gallon here Jim,

although,,, the heat (90's) with high humidity has subsided and we're back to normal avg. 70's and 80's temps with no more 90's in the forecast for the remainder of the year (or so they say) ;D

will be getting out soon for some hunting now (haven't done any in weeks because of the heat).

hh

lonewolfe

It's too hot here, too! And I wish gas was $2.39/gallon! Here it's $2.85!!! I'm glad I own some oil wells there in OK :)

where is here? where i'm at the gas is 2.59 and the weather is in the 70's.

awwww man it is HOT out there! i got up at 5am and it was already 80 degrees with 90% humidity. i lasted about a half hour. gas around here is about 2.50 for regular. its just going to get worse and worse untill something is done about it. the oil companies blame it on the arabs, and then they record record profits. my father worked for gulf oil for 40 years (he recently retired) and about two price spikes ago, the oil companies said it was due to a damaged pipeline in mexico. we dont even get our oil from mexico!!! have you ever noticed that gas prices spike right around major travel holidays? what a coincedence. the oil companies now fully understand how much we depend on thier oil and they are taking advantage of it. i predict prices will be over 3 dollars for regular this time next year if something isnt done. bring back regulation.

It is HOT,, Jimmi... Be careful...
I try to stay in the shade,,, well I do stay in the shade... That sun fells like your under a piece of class anymore...
I know what ya mean about the Poli's They just stuck a new tax on us for another Colts stadium,,, and they haven't took the old tax off the books for the one they just built, not too many years ago... They close schools, do away with programs, close the parks swimming pools, but hey,, we got three stadiums for the pro's to play in....
Good luck & Happy hunting~

$2.42 @ gal. here. Finally got some rain this morning after about 2 months-at least enough to really register. Helped cool down. Now is 89 deg. and supposed to have 40% chance rain all weekend. Wish we could send some you all's way but ground so hard here that easier to dig hole in sidewalk than parking strip. ;)

You almost have to wait till right before dark to go out and then the mosquitos tear you up around here, repelent or no repelent. Gas is high it is 2.48 here and I got ten bucks worth last night and didn't even give me a quarter tank. Do be careful getting too hot is not a good thing.

Happy Hunting
Sherrie

Here is North Central Washington state, and I'm still not sure why our prices seem to be so high when we've got a refinery and a seaport over the mountains in Seattle (Anacortes, actually). My grandpa lives in Seminole, OK and I sure wish we had their prices here.

Stoney 56 lives not far from a refinery and there are two of them here in Tulsa! Being close to a refinery doesn't make much difference! That $2.39 a gal was yesterday afternoon. The clerk said it was going up again today but I haven't checked. I remember being a teenager and going on a date for $10.00! You could buy enough gas to drive anywhere in town and back several times for a buck, pay for your entertainment, have a burger and drink after and still have change! Last time I took my wife out to dinner and a movie it was nearly a hundred dollars! That's a thousand percent inflation! JIM

I don't mind the heat so much as dragging the jackhammer along with me to dig into the the hard packed dirt and it's pretty tough to keep a two inch plug let alone if I didn't pinpoint just right. Definately gotta find more water spots to hunt. Dan

You guys are pretty lucky. Gas here went up 5 cents last night, and is now at 2.74 a gallon

got a bud from work .. got aka called up as he is in the reserves

he sent back a letter saying it is 140 degrees there
so hot as it is at least it is not cook a egg in the palm of your hand hot

GAS=$2.62
TEMP=93
PLACE=EAST COAST FLORIDA

Being able to detect in the sand, take a dip in the water, sit under an umbrella with a slight breeze="PRICELESS"

HH

BC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back