tokens & silver & trash

D

Darla

tokens & silver & trash

Well guys,

I traded my garet 1250 in yesterday on a garrett 1500, got to use it today. I dug about 30 targets, a few pull tabs, some clad coins, alot of old shot gun cartrages, a couple of really nice civil war era bullets, a pretty rare token from a town called Brantley Texas (.5) when I ded research on brantley it was only a town from 1886 to 1890, it is a mercantile token, kind of cool hugh!!! And the best was a very nice Barber quarter 1899.

Happy detecting from Texas!!!

Darla

Upvote 0
Re: tokens & silver & trash

Personally I would say the Token from the Ghost Town was your best find, Darla. Congrats on the great day , HH ; jeff

That trade token sounds like your best find,what exactly does it say if you don't have a pic. Thanks

Speaking for myself, I like tokens-most merchants only made a couple hundred or so, shows more about our history than silver$ with mintage of 1+million. Great find Darla! Keep diggin'. HH

Darla, what part of Texas are you in?? I am in the Austin area. Good to see a Texan here. Good luck with the digs. Joe

I thought you guys would say the trash was the best find! :)

I live in Montgomery Texas which is just outside of Houston. I would have to agree that tokens are a much neater find than coins. I prefer to find relics, I have been fortunate with some of the finds that I have dug I guess persistancy and a few broken nails pay off!! :) I would have to say some of my better finds include the servants button, the louisana artillary cuff button, my large cent, the colt pistol. As all of you know you can dig alot of trash but with all the trash you do end up with alot of good finds. The token is only the 2nd that I have dug, it says Montgomery & Co 5 cents Brantley Tx on the back it says time check * (star) non transferable. The other token I found about a year ago and is from Freeman Texas which is also a ghost town and is for 50 cents. I do whsh I was able to take pics and I can but I cant transfer them to the computer due to the computer not having a floppy, sorry.

I welcome everyone to come to our national convention in Tyler Texas is March, I will be their alsng with about 30 other clubs and all kinds of neat relics and a lot of great people.

happy detecting to all,
would love to go detecting at a battle field or old training camp, any ideas?????
Darla

Darla, I plan on making the Lonestar Hunt later this year. Maybe we'll see you there. In the meantime, HH!

hay stoney, look me up.

Darla

Neat finds! How is the weather down there? Miss the south, I use to live in the Houston/Galveston area.! All my family is still down there.

Well Treasure Lady, can't speak for S. of me but got into mid 60's today, now mid 30's.

Darla,
its me again, we need to talk and trade info, I have a few places that I am working on right now and you seem to not only show alot of interest but you live close to me, email me on my personal email at [email protected]. Would like to either team up or trade info...

Hitman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back