Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a tough week trying to find anything worth posting. We haven't had any rain here in my area for some time and the ground is hard as a rock.
I hit three properties, but discriminated out everything but the silver and copper and still dug lots of trash.

Property #1 I had hit 10 years ago and dug a lot of wheat and silver there back then. This time I dug another five wheats (not pictured) and a 1953 quarter.

Property #2 was a 14 acre site where a 1920's house used to be. Trash everywhere, even out in the field. I managed three wheats and some modern coins. Very disappointing.

Property #3 was a 1905 house that is being torn down to put in a roundabout. Modern coins, three wheats, one Merc dime, and an old copper "Craggy Lumber" token in rough shape.
The token is circa 1903-1910. I added it to the TokenCatalog.com website yesterday. Here is a bit about the Craggy Lumber Co. here in NC:

Well, that's all Folks. I sure miss my Raleigh, NC. stomping grounds.

-MM-

Attachments

• token1.jpeg
    token1.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 48
  • token2.jpeg
    token2.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1953q.jpeg
    1953q.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Merc.jpeg
    Merc.jpeg
    787.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Merc1.jpg
    Merc1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Upvote 18
It's been a tough week trying to find anything worth posting. We haven't had any rain here in my area for some time and the ground is hard as a rock.
I hit three properties, but discriminated out everything but the silver and copper and still dug lots of trash.

Property #1 I had hit 10 years ago and dug a lot of wheat and silver there back then. This time I dug another five wheats (not pictured) and a 1953 quarter.

Property #2 was a 14 acre site where a 1920's house used to be. Trash everywhere, even out in the field. I managed three wheats and some modern coins. Very disappointing.

Property #3 was a 1905 house that is being torn down to put in a roundabout. Modern coins, three wheats, one Merc dime, and an old copper "Craggy Lumber" token in rough shape.
The token is circa 1903-1910. I added it to the TokenCatalog.com website yesterday. Here is a bit about the Craggy Lumber Co. here in NC:

-MM-
Still if you can get a couple of silvers, and a token in the week I'd be happy enough.:hello2:

Rain? Want some? Heck I'll even give ya some of the white stuff that I have right now.
A month ago it was like your area-hard as a rock the fields, now they're buttery soft with moisture.

I had a run on sites one time over a decade ago-not one coin in many hunts at 6-8 sites.
Relics were there and the usual finds as buttons, buckles, and stuff that an undetected site would provide.

Did more research and the area were all Quakers that first homesteaded=tight purse strings I imagine.

Still if you can get a couple of silvers, and a token in the week I'd be happy enough.:hello2:

Rain? Want some? Heck I'll even give ya some of the white stuff that I have right now.
A month ago it was like your area-hard as a rock the fields, now they're buttery soft with moisture.

I had a run on sites one time over a decade ago-not one coin in many hunts at 6-8 sites.
Relics were there and the usual finds as buttons, buckles, and stuff that an undetected site would provide.

Did more research and the area were all Quakers that first homesteaded=tight purse strings I imagine.
I may go pounding on some doors downtown soon. Iโ€™m looking forward to nice soft soul again.
I have some good places lined up in Indiana in the spring at least. ๐Ÿ‘

-MM-
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back