fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a chance to get out today but didn't have any where to go. So I rode downtown to check the river level. It's still about a foot higher than what I want but, with the drought we are experiencing it will be down in no time.
Anyhoo, while driving around I saw a sidewalk tear out and decided to give it a shot. The tear out was about 150' long and 4' wide. I was disheartened a little to see that half of it had been formed with metal to pour the new walk. So, I hunted that half using a very narrow pattern and found three memorial cents from the 60s.
When I got to the second half I was able to do a full swing but, only found a 44 and 45 wheat penny. As I neared the end I got an iffy signal and dug this token. It was on the side of the tear out so I don't know if it is modern or about the age of the wheats.
Hopefully someone can ID it for me. On one side there are two letters; an F at the top and an M at the bottom. On either side are stars. I can't make out what is in the middle. On the back, in the center is a 25 surrounded by 4 stars. The token is very thin and I think it is aluminum.

Attachments

• token 1.JPG
    token 1.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 83
  • token 2.JPG
    token 2.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 83
fyrffytr1, Seeing you have two military forts in Georgia that are "F.M.", i.e., Ft. McPherson, and Camp Frank Merrill, is it possibly an old Post Exchange token from one of those Army installations? Cool token. Sub

Upvote 0
fyrffytr1, Seeing you have two military forts in Georgia that are "F.M.", i.e., Ft. McPherson, and Camp Frank Merrill, is it possibly an old Post Exchange token from one of those Army installations? Cool token. Sub

Another member PMed me with this same idea. It seems Ft. McPherson had a commissary that issued tokens but I don't know what they look like. Hopefully, that is what I have.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the poor pic above but its hard to find information on these. They are definitely childrens play money and from what I can find its somewhere between 1920-1950.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back