North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Token , Button, & Thimbles oh my!

I killed a few hours after work today at my usual lunch time farm spot. I hit the large area in front of the house which I can't do during my lunch in case the boss happens to drive by and see me. :o ;D
Although if he did, I would just tell him I'm out there trying to supplement my income. ;)
Anywho, I haven't hit this area too hard, and it shows. I picked these items up today rather quickly and I'm sure there will be more.
Here's my finds:

*Two old thimbles

*A large flower looking copper piece.
Any ideas on this one? It is hollow in back and follows the same contour as the front.

*A 1939 Nickel. Pay no attention to that scratch. ;D I didn't know Jefferson nickles even went back that far.

* A nice "B & B - Extra" gold gilt flower button. Circa 1834-1843.

*A small "PRT" token - Philadelphia Rapid Transit from the early 1900's I think. No idea what it was doing here?

That's all folks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 622
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 634
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 632
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 629
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 632
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 629
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0
Re: Token , Button, & Thimbles oh my!

Once again you cease to amaze me, I don't think you ever go out without finding something interesting.
Wish you could have been with us on Saturday, a lot was found like a 1829 half dime, several buttons, musket balls, pocket knives etc...

Jeff

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Doug,

Looks like a great way to "KILL a COUPLE HOURS"...

ROCK ON...I have yet to find a thimble...

SWEET,

Nick

SEW what. ;D
Welcome back Big Guy.
-MM-

woodspiritcarver said:
Once again you cease to amaze me, I don't think you ever go out without finding something interesting.
Wish you could have been with us on Saturday, a lot was found like a 1829 half dime, several buttons, musket balls, pocket knives etc...
Jeff

Jeff,
Sounds great! Have you posted yet?
-Doug-

Miner, looks like someone did a lot of sewing in the yard way back when. . . their loss, your gain.

Check the other side of that '39 Jefferson, if there is a "D" mint mark you've got a key date.
If it's a 1939 (no mint mark) check to see if the word "MONTICELLO" is doubled. . . that's good too.

HH!
watercolor

Nice work on the silver thimble! I've never found a silver one, but I've found some others--two and a half thimbles last month LOL. Great finds there. I like the token too.

Congrats!

-Buckleboy

Great finds MM! I have a B&B Button with the same backmark...different front, but has a TON of guilt left on it...very cool.

Maybe the copper piece is a decoration of sorts...maybe a Rosette? ???

Great finds...Congrats!!

HH, Hank 8)

Hey, Dougette :D, it is nice to see you out detecting! Once again, you are proving your skills. :)

The but-tins looks ancient. ;) :D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. What is Ridley up to? :-X ;) :D

watercolor said:
Miner, looks like someone did a lot of sewing in the yard way back when. . . their loss, your gain.

Check the other side of that '39 Jefferson, if there is a "D" mint mark you've got a key date.
If it's a 1939 (no mint mark) check to see if the word "MONTICELLO" is doubled. . . that's good too.

HH!
watercolor

Thanks WC. Unfortunately, it's a no on both of those. Just a common 39'. :'(
-MM-

BuckleBoy said:
Nice work on the silver thimble! I've never found a silver one, but I've found some others--two and a half thimbles last month LOL. Great finds there. I like the token too.

Congrats!

-Buckleboy

Thanks BB.
That's my 2nd silver thimble in a week, from two different spots.
Is it possible the large flower piece is a rosette?
-MM-

xlt nh said:
Great finds MM! I have a B&B Button with the same backmark...different front, but has a TON of guilt left on it...very cool.
Maybe the copper piece is a decoration of sorts...maybe a Rosette? ???
Great finds...Congrats!!

HH, Hank 8)

Thanks Hank. I love finding these gold gilt buttons.
As far as the other piece, a rosette would be cool. ;)
-MM-

dave-enc said:
another good day of finds doug wtg
hh
dave+bobbie

Thanks D & B. I love finding old relics.
-MM-

KirkPA said:
Hey, Dougette :D, it is nice to see you out detecting! Once again, you are proving your skills. :)

The but-tins looks ancient. ;) :D

BDD...Kirk
P.S. What is Ridley up to? :-X ;) :D

Thanks Big Guy.
I feel I've really learned how to use my machine pretty well by this point. The Mighty Tesoro has done very well for me. ;)
No idea where Ridley is?
-MM-

Mister Doug,
You do seem to find some interesting finds this year. Wish you continued sucess!
Tennessee Joe

Doug-a-licious, you are kicking butt on those relics. I like the flower button and the Ag thimble....very feminine items... ;D ;D

Great hunt!! Go back and find more, my friend!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nice looking pieces, and token too,,, Congrats!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Thanks everybody. My relic display has really been growing. Lots of neat pieces of history to be found.
-MM-

Dan,
I'm trying for a nice brooch next to complete my set. ;D ;)

The flower thing is an early furniture decoration.

I agree with TreasureTales, there are molar bite marks on the thimbles, which would kinda explain why there are so many out there in the ground. Maybe they are bit on like people bite on bullets. Any comments, Bioprofessor?! :D

Good stuff!

The "B & B" backmark is that of Benedict & Burnham, c. 1834-43.

You need disguise's for the bossman Doug....Just don't pull out the dress!! (He) might roll up the driveway :-* Nice find's once again....Hit that place hard!!!

Really nice finds, and that's the way I would really like to enjoy my lunch break. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back