Todays persistence paid off! 1865 two center!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's persistence paid off! 1865 two center!

Ok today I started on a field and it was absolutely a trash pit, it was in the 1872 map so I made up my mind I was going to stick it out and dig everything. In four hours I dug all this trash from the site! But my persistence earned me a two center, silver merc, few wheats, CW button, Boy Scout buckle, a surface marble, and some utensils. Still more area to cover. I will return when I am ambitious lol.

todays trash.jpg12-7-14.jpg12-7 coins.jpgboyscout buckle.jpg2 cent rev.jpg1865 2 cent.jpg

Upvote 16
Nice finds! I really like the 2 cent. I just got my first 2 cent on Nov 23rd and its a 65 also. Cool coins!

That's some great finds, especially the 2c. Out of all the stuff I have hauled home I have never brought home a marble, it's on my list

As you said, your persistence paid off for you. I have never found a 2 cent piece but hope to one day. That is an excellent find.

Get your metal recovery bucket ready! That is A LOT of digging! Well earned goodies! I do believe you are due some more in the goody department.

I am still looking for one of those 2 cent coins.

Great find. That was one of my very first good coin finds

Congrats on a really nice hunt. That 2 center is just awesome. GL&HH!

Excellent finds. 2 cents is on my long wish list. I find more marbles than silver coins and love them both. There was a guy on youtube talking about those mercury dimes with full split backs and some of them are very valuable. He has a website called:
Cherrypicker's Groto and he posts on youtube under blueridgesilverhound. Looked like the dime was 1943? Congratulations.
A lot of people get discouraged with trashy areas and that leaves more for people who stick with it.

Way to go on the hard earned keepers! Love that GS Button and the 2 Center! That Scout Buckle looks pretty early. Do you have a date range on it?

Very cool. Also found my first 2 cent coin this summer I was really hoping to find one someday because it's the first American coin with "In God We Trust" on it. I am encouraged to go back to a new yard that's also packed full of junk, because I know there are great finds like this hiding in there.. All the other pcs. are equally neat. Love to find a CW button! and I like the Scout stuff as well. Also I have found a couple of political tokens as well The Taft token looks very interesting. Thanks for showing, WTG!

Last edited:
Way to go on the hard earned keepers! Love that GS Button and the 2 Center! That Scout Buckle looks pretty early. Do you have a date range on it?
no I am not sure on the age of the scout buckle.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back