Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather was beautiful today and got out for a few hrs to a site I've been too before that has high tension power lines nearby. In the past EMI was an issue with the V3I but the Manticore handled it well with no issues.

As I've been here before I decided to grid the entire site but only got halfway done due to getting a call for a job interview. Was able to nab this 1838 Copper.

I was on my way home when they texted me that it was moved to tomnorrow so I drove to a site that I could just park & hunt at. Was able to find the spoon handle as well as the suspender clip with some leather still attached.

HH!

IMG_20241008_110844.jpg
IMG_20241008_183508.jpg
IMG_20241008_183533.jpg
IMG_20241008_184424.jpg
IMG_20241008_184445.jpg

Upvote 12
When leather survives it’s usually because it is near copper. Copper salts are poisonous to the bacteria that would eat the leather. I’m betting the ring and rivet have copper in them.
Great information thanks for sharing….
Weather was beautiful today and got out for a few hrs to a site I've been too before that has high tension power lines nearby. In the past EMI was an issue with the V3I but the Manticore handled it well with no issues.

As I've been here before I decided to grid the entire site but only got halfway done due to getting a call for a job interview. Was able to nab this 1838 Copper.

I was on my way home when they texted me that it was moved to tomnorrow so I drove to a site that I could just park & hunt at. Was able to find the spoon handle as well as the suspender clip with some leather still attached.

HH!

View attachment 2173103View attachment 2173104View attachment 2173105View attachment 2173106View attachment 2173107
Congrats on your achievement
Thanks for posting..

Well done on the copper and the suspender clip.

Good luck on the interview also.
But getting a job will eat into the detecting time, won't it? :laughing7:

When leather survives it’s usually because it is near copper. Copper salts are poisonous to the bacteria that would eat the leather. I’m betting the ring and rivet have copper in them.
I find that's interesting as copper inhibits growth of bacteria and virus they claim.
I found a tin once that contained 4 large cents and 4 paper transit tickets-over 90 yrs old.
I think the paper survived better than the coppers for condition.

DSCN1934.JPG

Got the job offer this afternoon and accepted. It's part time which will be good as l know we don't work weekends. Will start next Monday. This will be good when everything is frozen solid.

Well done on the copper and the suspender clip.

Good luck on the interview also.
But getting a job will eat into the detecting time, won't it? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back