45.3 KB · Views: 477
  • Bottles 017.jpg
    Bottles 017.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 480
  • marbles 003.jpg
    marbles 003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 470
Thanks VP,good luck to you. HB

Nice looking bottle's HB....The marble's make great stopper's.Cleaned up nice......Congrat's!!

Thanks civilman.The bottles were all dropped in the walls of an old house on our farm.I can't imagine what may be laying up underneath the old house.Going to tear it down this spring and find out. ;D

Seams go all the way to top so they are 1910 to 1930 give or take a year or two. Good luck finding more

Nice work, HB! I used to not care much for glass...but it's growing on me. Those are some nice bottles (and I like the marbles too).

-Buckleboy

Henry K Wampole & Co were one of the companies that are listed in INDEX OF Pre-1937
MEDICAL CANNABIS MANUFACTURERS :D

Hill Billy,

nice finds. :o

William T. Rawleigh, founded of one of the largest chemical products companies which he managed to make into a world-wide business. He was born in 1870 and died in 1951. He came to Freeport in 1889. By the end of World War I his company was producing more than 140 products. He gave the city of Freeport a statue in 1929 commemorating the Lincoln - Douglas debates which were held in that city. The Rawleigh bottles are very common and sell for $1-2. Early examples and those with label and contents bring more. In 1926 he built a bottling plant to manufacture his own bottles. The bottles themselves had cork closures until about 1933. Rawleigh remained a family owned and operated business until about the 1960s. In 1960 the name "Rawleigh" was reregistered by AETNA BUSINESS CREDIT, INC. CORPORATION NEW YORK SUITE 1200 111 FOUNDERS PLAZA CHICAGO ILLINOIS They were still producing a wide range of products from polishes to flavorings to Laundry products to insecticides to vitamin supplements.

http://www.bottlebooks.com/questions/August2001/August 2001 Questions.htm

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

Gypsyheart said:
Henry K Wampole & Co were one of the companies that are listed in INDEX OF Pre-1937
MEDICAL CANNABIS MANUFACTURERS :D
Bluegrass State : CANNABIS MANUFACTURERS thanks for the info Gyps
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Hill Billy,

nice finds. :o

William T. Rawleigh, founded of one of the largest chemical products companies which he managed to make into a world-wide business. He was born in 1870 and died in 1951. He came to Freeport in 1889. By the end of World War I his company was producing more than 140 products. He gave the city of Freeport a statue in 1929 commemorating the Lincoln - Douglas debates which were held in that city. The Rawleigh bottles are very common and sell for $1-2. Early examples and those with label and contents bring more. In 1926 he built a bottling plant to manufacture his own bottles. The bottles themselves had cork closures until about 1933. Rawleigh remained a family owned and operated business until about the 1960s. In 1960 the name "Rawleigh" was reregistered by AETNA BUSINESS CREDIT, INC. CORPORATION NEW YORK SUITE 1200 111 FOUNDERS PLAZA CHICAGO ILLINOIS They were still producing a wide range of products from polishes to flavorings to Laundry products to insecticides to vitamin supplements.

http://www.bottlebooks.com/questions/August2001/August 2001 Questions.htm

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE
Thanks for the info as well Sherm.... none of these will fetch a whole lot.The marbles are worth more than the bottles, but finding them is priceless ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back