Today's Finds 1-14-2024

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No snow squalls today so I spent an hour swinging the Deus 2 in my yard. Just looked for those whisper quiet signals. I found two. The small disc was barely audible. I was almost sure there would be nothing in the plug or the hole. After opening popping the plug, I re-swung and hit a 99vdi and the tone was banging. It was in the very bottom of the plug, which was pin pointer deep. I thought it was a snap at first. Then realized it was only a single piece. There is a "B" stamped on one side. and to me it looks like maybe something on the other side. It isn't magnetic but looks like it's rusty.

Next, I had another quiet signal with no vdi. Kind of sounded like ferrous and non-ferrous together. Again, about pin pointer deep I found a small iron buckle. Re-checked and still iron in the spoils. Turned out to be a square nail. I did have a third target that sounded good, once I opened the hole, I couldn't hear anything on the detector and not a peep from the pin pointer. Closed the hole and nothing. At that point I had enough of the wind and went indoors.

Pic of all the finds. Quarter is for size reference. The disc was brass brushed in this pic.

P1001283_WM.jpg

Both sides of the strange disc that was probably dropped by aliens. Before brass brushing. ("B" side)

PICT0011_WM.jpg

Reverse. Do you see anything? My wife and I think we do. Since it's not magnetic I was thinking of soaking in a bit of lemon juice.

PICT0012_WM.jpg

Even though it was cold and windy as heck, I had fun and pulled a couple more interesting items from my yard.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 12
Getting old of your own yard is always great 👍
The counterstamped B is interesting.
Hope it will clean up a bit.

After soaking for 10 minutes in lemon juice, a hole in the side opened up. Looking like brass so far. The crud is as bad as an old coin!

PICT0000_WM.jpg

This has become a solid mystery.

The hole only goes about halfway through. If there was writing on it, I may have rubbed it off.

PICT0001_WM.jpg
PICT0002_WM.jpg

I wonder whether you have a button and the apparent B is where the shank once was attached? The edge appears rounded like many buttons and the size seems right.

I wonder whether you have a button and the apparent B is where the shank once was attached? The edge appears rounded like many buttons and the size seems right.
Yeah, I don't know. I have to weigh it. It's got some weight to it. Was wondering if it's some type of brass seal. The hole in the side has me scratching my head.

No snow squalls today so I spent an hour swinging the Deus 2 in my yard. Just looked for those whisper quiet signals. I found two. The small disc was barely audible. I was almost sure there would be nothing in the plug or the hole. After opening popping the plug, I re-swung and hit a 99vdi and the tone was banging. It was in the very bottom of the plug, which was pin pointer deep. I thought it was a snap at first. Then realized it was only a single piece. There is a "B" stamped on one side. and to me it looks like maybe something on the other side. It isn't magnetic but looks like it's rusty.

Next, I had another quiet signal with no vdi. Kind of sounded like ferrous and non-ferrous together. Again, about pin pointer deep I found a small iron buckle. Re-checked and still iron in the spoils. Turned out to be a square nail. I did have a third target that sounded good, once I opened the hole, I couldn't hear anything on the detector and not a peep from the pin pointer. Closed the hole and nothing. At that point I had enough of the wind and went indoors.

Pic of all the finds. Quarter is for size reference. The disc was brass brushed in this pic.

View attachment 2126040

Both sides of the strange disc that was probably dropped by aliens. Before brass brushing. ("B" side)

View attachment 2126038

Reverse. Do you see anything? My wife and I think we do. Since it's not magnetic I was thinking of soaking in a bit of lemon juice.

View attachment 2126039

Even though it was cold and windy as heck, I had fun and pulled a couple more interesting items from my yard.

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back