Todays Farm Finds

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Hi all, I went to a farm today. The owner told me where the old Garrison stood in 1755. It was taken down in 1850 and the hole filled in sometime later. I found the site and over the course of two visits (one last weekend and one today) found two very nice breeches knee buckles from the Revolutionary period, one is ornate the other is not. They are in very nice condition, the best I have ever found. Also is a King George copper with no date and a musket ball that appears to have been chewed on as they sometimes would do back then. I guess they did not know about lead poisoning. The small flat button is heavy and appears to have a butterfly on it. Thanks for looking I am very pleased with these finds and this is my very first King George ;D

Attachments

• Dsc01982.jpg
    Dsc01982.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 743
  • Dsc01988.jpg
    Dsc01988.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 747
  • Dsc01989.jpg
    Dsc01989.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 724
  • Dsc01904.jpg
    Dsc01904.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 716
  • Dsc01966.jpg
    Dsc01966.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 714
  • Dsc01965.jpg
    Dsc01965.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 717
  • Dsc01960.jpg
    Dsc01960.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 734
  • Dsc01961.jpg
    Dsc01961.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 733
Upvote 0
Hardy said:
LOVE THE BUCKLE, I bet you'l get more out of that spot if you work it hard ! ;)
Thanks Hardy, today's buckle came out at 8" deep and sounded like total crap I almost did not dig it as I was pulling up tons of spent 22 cal lead >:(

enhh, you have posted some very interesting items in just the short time you've been a member of TNet. Here you've got some more things that just blow me away. The history you are literally digging up is amazing. I admit to being a bit envious. Hope you go back and find even more 18th century things. Love seeing this old stuff. Thanks for posting all the pix.

TreasureTales said:
enhh, you have posted some very interesting items in just the short time you've been a member of TNet. Here you've got some more things that just blow me away. The history you are literally digging up is amazing. I admit to being a bit envious. Hope you go back and find even more 18th century things. Love seeing this old stuff. Thanks for posting all the pix.
Hi treasuretales and thanks for the welcome. I post all my finding on another local NH forum which is a great place. I was told of this forum by a member or our forum and I really like it here too. I live in southern NH in an area that is old. Our town was established in 1722 and known for lots of Revolutionary war activity. Trust me, my finds are usually very minimal. I have been super fortunate to find what I think is a Civil War active area last week in a spot that I figured would have been pounded to death. Those finds (and posts) will be slowing down now that I have hit that area so many times. These older 1700's finds are just from wooded areas that folks occupied many years ago. This is the best fall I have ever had as far as finding good spots to hunt. I love the history and love all my finds.

Thats what I am taling about. The older the better. I LOVE the buckles. Hard to find in tact like that. Ya done good! HH, Gary

wow-nice finds! that buckle is very cool. any date on the copper?

enhh,
Welcome to the forum!
Got yourself some great finds there:)
Hope you can get back there before this NH ground freezes!
HH

Yes Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting those great pictures. I told my wife, if I lived up your way, I wouldn't be able to walk for detecting so much. I'd love to find a copper, maybe someday.

HH. Ringfinder

cheffer said:
wow-nice finds! that buckle is very cool. any date on the copper?
Hi cheffer, I could not get a date off of the copper. I am very pleased with though as it is my first King George so I know it's at least pre-1800. Thank you to all for the kind replies to my posts.

Love those buckles, the coin must have made your heart stop! You might be close by if your in southern NH, group of us are planning a spring hunt, you should join us! Great job, hope the frost holds out a little longer!

I just love those Revolutionary War era digs. I had a chance once to buy some rare Rev. buttons dug from one of their camps and I passed up the deal. I have always regretted that move.

Great stuff!

Badger

Wow! Those are nice finds! Continued good luck. Tsgman

Congrats on the great colonial finds.

I love that type of hunting. The finds are just so well made. I'd get back there and hunt that whole area hard.

HH Jer

Keep goin back!!! There's always at least one more keeper!

Awesome finds! :o Congrats!!

Nana :)

enhh, great stuff!!! How long have you been MDing? Where ya from??

eathabs said:
enhh, great stuff!!! How long have you been MDing? Where ya from??
Hi eathabes andI thank you all again for all the great replies to my post. In answer to your questions:

I got my first detector as a kid in the 70's. I still have it ;D a whites coin master but I use my favorite Minelab now. I hunted for many years and gave it up for about 10 years. Five years ago I started up again and love it. I'm fortunate to live in an old town (1722) Southeast NH. We were known for Revolutionary soliders in our town. We had two generals in the war. I try to find wooded areas where houses stood in the 1700's. Every now and then I get lucky and pull up a nice buckle or even a large copper. It's a great hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back