Todays Farm finds. A few coppers and more... UPDATED TOKEN PHOTO

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Today's Farm finds. A few coppers and more... UPDATED TOKEN PHOTO

We went to the farm where I found the 1684 cut silver and George found the 1746 2 reale. George had to work to get some overtime in but myself Donny and Sam hit it. We spread out to find another hotspot and found it in about an hour. I found a 1838 large cent, a no date large cent and a copper that appears to have a harp on it. Not sure. Beat up pretty bad. Also got a nice 1905 indianhead, 1910 and 1918 wheaties. The coin/token next to the indianhead is hard to make out, but I think it's some kind of token. The 3 ringer is a monster. Appears to be slightly bigger than the ones I see posted. I must say I truly enjoyed my vacation of hunting this past week, but unfortunately I have to go back to the real world tomorrow. There's always next weekend. The first three pics are mine and the last three are Donny's.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1-13.jpg
    1-13.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 1-13a.jpg
    1-13a.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 1-13b.jpg
    1-13b.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,009
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Farm finds. A few coppers and more...

Excellent hunt. Can't wait to see what else comes from there.
Congrats
Mark

awesome finds i'd say you definately have a hibernion half penny as for the button do you think some one etched that date in after the fact. seems to be in a odd place

Re: Today's Farm finds. A few coppers and more... UPDATED TOKEN PHOTO

It says R.W. Titus across the top. 20 in the middle along with E. State St and Trenton NJ along the bottom. I believe Titus was in the agricultural business. It may also say goods on the other side. It's about the size of a penny.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• titus.jpg
    titus.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 544

CRUSADER said:
The decor on the back of the button looks crude & maybe incised on later. You can see a flag & lance which are trophy's of War. It looks Rev War period to me so the 1813 date is a puzzeller.

War of 1812 ?

donny nj said:
Albert's book pg.24, Rev War, infantry 1 piece, a center circle rays UNITED STATES INFANTRY encircling Armitage, plated, 22mm

Donny, can we see a photo of the back of the button? If it is Armitage it most likely is War of 1812, it is not Rev War era button at all. Armitage made buttons in America around 1799 to about 1826 and made mostly military buttons. The one photographed in Albert's book does not show a number in the center,but that is a War of 1812 era button. I could not find a specific photo of it, but Tice's book says he made Regimental buttons for many units. What do you think the number is? 12???

That is a neat button and would take care in preserving it for further deterioration, maybe light cleaning and spray with lacquer? Not sure how bad it is corroded by the photo.

You are uncovering some monster finds Mike! Congrats!

Don in South Jersey said:
donny nj said:
Albert's book pg.24, Rev War, infantry 1 piece, a center circle rays UNITED STATES INFANTRY encircling Armitage, plated, 22mm

Donny, can we see a photo of the back of the button? If it is Armitage it most likely is War of 1812, it is not Rev War era button at all. Armitage made buttons in America around 1799 to about 1826 and made mostly military buttons. The one photographed in Albert's book does not show a number in the center,but that is a War of 1812 era button. I could not find a specific photo of it, but Tice's book says he made Regimental buttons for many units. What do you think the number is? 12???

That is a neat button and would take care in preserving it for further deterioration, maybe light cleaning and spray with lacquer? Not sure how bad it is corroded by the photo.
Hi Don. Here's the back of Donny's button from a email he sent me. I'm posting for him because he may be at a gig right now.
HH, Mike

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 359

nice finds keep up the good work

HH DDEII

front back rev war button looks like a number 12 in center

Looks like a 12 in front? hope to make a positive ID soon?

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 340

Mike95inNJ said:
It says R.W. Titus across the top. 20 in the middle along with E. State St and Trenton NJ along the bottom. I believe Titus was in the agricultural business. It may also say goods on the other side. It's about the size of a penny.
HH, Mike in NJ

It's a Civil War store card of B. W. Titus, a dry goods merchant, c. 1863.

e15f_1_bl.JPGe264_1_bl.JPG

WOW!!!!! That's an awesome haul there Mike. Looks like you had a great day of hunting. Thanks for posting.

PBK said:
Mike95inNJ said:
HH, Mike in NJ

It's a Civil War store card of B. W. Titus, a dry goods merchant, c. 1863.

Damn your good. Thanks PBK. That's definitely it.
Take care, Mike

WTG Mike ! awesome finds and a great site ;) goodluck on your next hunt there !

Finally an ID 12th regiment button

Heres a Pic of the Rev War officers button in great condition

Attachments

• button 12.jpg
    button 12.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 256
Re: Finally an ID 12th regiment button

donny nj said:
Heres a Pic of the Rev War officers button in great condition
Dayum that's a sweet button. Can't wait til Sunday.
Let's git er done.

Fantastic thread, Mike. What a great assortment! :o :o

Frecking Awesome Find.
Tenn. Joe

Joe Im still in amazement!!!

Thanx

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread