Todays Farm finds. A few coppers and more... UPDATED TOKEN PHOTO

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Today's Farm finds. A few coppers and more... UPDATED TOKEN PHOTO

We went to the farm where I found the 1684 cut silver and George found the 1746 2 reale. George had to work to get some overtime in but myself Donny and Sam hit it. We spread out to find another hotspot and found it in about an hour. I found a 1838 large cent, a no date large cent and a copper that appears to have a harp on it. Not sure. Beat up pretty bad. Also got a nice 1905 indianhead, 1910 and 1918 wheaties. The coin/token next to the indianhead is hard to make out, but I think it's some kind of token. The 3 ringer is a monster. Appears to be slightly bigger than the ones I see posted. I must say I truly enjoyed my vacation of hunting this past week, but unfortunately I have to go back to the real world tomorrow. There's always next weekend. The first three pics are mine and the last three are Donny's.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1-13.jpg
    1-13.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 1-13a.jpg
    1-13a.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 1-13b.jpg
    1-13b.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,009
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Farm finds. A few coppers and more...

Whats the bent coin shaped thing with 1813 on it? (third picture middle)

CRUSADER said:
Hi Crusader. It appears to be a button with the shank missing. I also see artist's paintbrushes on it. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike

Mike95inNJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Hi Crusader. It appears to be a button with the shank missing. I also see artist's paintbrushes on it. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike

No sorry, never seen a date on the back of a button before ??? I can see the broken shank now.

Mike95inNJ said:
We went to the farm where I found the 1684 cut silver and George found the 1746 2 reale. George had to work to get some overtime in but myself Donny and Sam hit it. We spread out to find another hotspot and found it in about an hour. I found a 1838 large cent, a no date large cent and a copper that appears to have a harp on it. Not sure. Beat up pretty bad. Also got a nice 1905 indianhead, 1910 and 1918 wheaties. The coin/token next to the indianhead is hard to make out, but I think it's some kind of token. The 3 ringer is a monster. Appears to be slightly bigger than the ones I see posted. I must say I truly enjoyed my vacation of hunting this past week, but unfortunately I have to go back to the real world tomorrow. There's always next weekend. The first three pics are mine and the last three are Donny's.
HH, Mike in NJ
The copper with the harp on it sounds like it might be a George the 111 Irish penny 1760-18-20 :P

CRUSADER said:
Mike95inNJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Thanks, Mike

No sorry, never seen a date on the back of a button before ??? I can see the broken shank now.
Come to think of it. I've never seen a date on a button back either. Here's alittle closer look.
HH, Mike

Attachments

• but.jpg
    but.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 927

Mike you guys are really cleening house out there.Congrats

Can anyone Id the button with Rays & number in the center?

Wow mike between you and don...what a bunch of great sites, and coins, I love copper coins may have to venture down your way..he he..

keep up the great finds.. H.H. TnT

Nice finds,the dated button is pretty interesting.May be quill tip pens ? commemorative of some sort ?

Those are some awesome finds Mike-----Congrats on a great hunt.

WTG Mike

Albert's book pg.24, Rev War, infantry 1 piece, a center circle rays UNITED STATES INFANTRY encircling Armitage, plated, 22mm

Attachments

• P1130027.JPG
    P1130027.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 787

Fantastic finds. Looks like y'all had a good hunt. Congrats!

;) RR

Those are some great finds. I would be very pleased with a day like that. Congrats.

kieser sousa said:
commemorative of some sort ?

yeah, I'm thinking battle.

hey mike,

great finds, gotta love those colonial sites !

take care,

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

Really great post. It seems almost everyone is turning to those famer's fields these days.

A little research pays off.

Congrats.

Badger

Nice finds...how thin is the button with the date on it. I've seen buttons made out coins. Congrats

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back