Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to the lake for a few hours of water hunting. I hauled my TS and Hal brought his DetectorPro Wader.

I have just gotten my TS back from the shop with some new insight as to what I was doing wrong all along. Things went better today, with no cussing or cursing James Gifford.

The TS is still sensitive and prone to squawking and blipping at every coil bump - but now I know why and how to moderate it. Yes, I DO have my SENS above factory, but only slightly so. I also found that bringing up the DISC to around 4 settled things down a lot. All I missed by doing so was small foil and iron. So that works out.

The pics tell the story of the finds - which isnt much of a tale. For what its worth, Hal fared little better. Still beats sitting on the couch!

The TRASH

DSCF0015.JPG

I didn't miss much, as you can see. Had some nice ticket been awaiting, it would be mine.

The NUT

DSCF0016.JPG

Otherwise known as TWK's (Things Worth Keeping)

"My POUCH"

DSCF0017.JPG

This is a fanny pack strung with a square plastic bottle. I put trash in the fanny pack. The bottle has slits cut in the bottom, crosswise and the lid is drilled with small holes for drainage. The whole thing has slits cut in the sides and is slid upside down on the pack belt.
I slip the TWK's through the slits in the bottom (which is the TOP in use), where they are held secure and separate from the trash. Then I unscrew the lid when ready to dump the TWK's. I also have a secret pocket for good tickets - the whereabouts of which shall remain a secret. Works good, arrrgh!

Upvote 0
well you got out, i have not been out in a week now, back to work vacation over with til sept, then heading down to daytona for a week. no much around here for water hunting, must drive about 2 to 3 hours to find a good place. so anytime you can get out and hunt its a good day, rjnail

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back