Tiffany Bracelet ID

PatDee

May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me identify or give me any information on this Tiffany & Co., Sterling bracelet? I've been unable to find it on the internet. Thank you. Tiffany.jpgTiffany1.jpg

PatDee, Bigfoot might be onto something because looking at the 'item,' it is not completely round with the open area being the straight area, plus it seems awfully bulky for a bracelet. You might want to do some searching in that area. Of course Cuda has made some interesting points too.

I think it would be helpful if we knew more info about it. Did you dig it or find it at a 2nd hand store or what?

:)
Breezie

Breezie, in that regards, didn't Tiffany take a shot at furniture making at one time. Or did I imagine that?

Upvote 0
Breezie, in that regards, didn't Tiffany take a shot at furniture making at one time. Or did I imagine that?

Yeppers they certainly did, and after I read your post, it dawned on me that it could be a Tiffany lamp ring!

No matter how thick a ladies bracelet, it will be flexible enough to be placed on the wrist. PatDee said she could not open it to put it on, so my theory is it is a piece of hardware for a lamp or some type of serving dish.

Breezie

Upvote 0
Thank you for all of the interesting points made. Breezie, my husband bought it at a second-hand store. Regarding status symbol, it's so true. I can't believe anyone would pay those amounts to be able to have an item researched, but I guess there must be. The bracelet isn't flexible at all. But I did look into the cuff bracelet aspect of it all ready. Now I'll search for the African or Native Indian design or group. Thank you again to everyone who has replied.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all of the interesting points made. Breezie, my husband bought it at a second-hand store. Regarding status symbol, it's so true. I can't believe anyone would pay those amounts to be able to have an item researched, but I guess there must be. The bracelet isn't flexible at all. But I did look into the cuff bracelet aspect of it all ready. Now I'll search for the African or Native Indian design or group. Thank you again to everyone who has replied.

The only reason I don't go for the serving dish handle or furniture handle idea is that the design is on the very end of the openings. Why would the design be there if it was going to be covered up by a .25 to .50 inch where it would connect to the handle base? I have seen bracelets that are oblong or oval, and not all are perfectly round. Good luck in your continued search.

Upvote 0
I am quite confused now. I can't find anything at all that even resembles this "bracelet" if that's what it is. ??? :BangHead: :dontknow:

Upvote 0
I am quite confused now. I can't find anything at all that even resembles this "bracelet" if that's what it is. ??? :BangHead: :dontknow:

PatDee, I think it is a handle to a compote or the likes. If it were a bracelet, it would be more flexible to wear. After all, Tiffany would not make a bracelet for a man or woman that could not be worn.

Also, if it is a bracelet, it's not very likely it would end up in a 2nd hand shop, but 'if' the ring handle from a serving dish broke/fell off, it would have been tossed in a drawer, thus ended-up as 'junk' in a 2nd hand shop.

Breezie

Upvote 0
If not a bracelet, then I would suggest maybe a ring to hold draperies or curtains back away from the window, similar to a napkin ring. The engravings and design on the ends were intended to be seen.

Upvote 0
Breezie, you wouldn't believe what ends up in second hand shops though. People give away all sorts of things that amaze me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back