Tiffany Bracelet ID

PatDee

May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me identify or give me any information on this Tiffany & Co., Sterling bracelet? I've been unable to find it on the internet. Thank you. Tiffany.jpgTiffany1.jpg

Hello PatDee, WELCOME to the forum. I searched briefly on Google, but couldn't find that one either. I don't know if you have tried these search words or not, but you might want to use: 'open bangle,' open cuff, 'engraved open bangle,' and add the words antique and/or vintage.

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie, Thank you for your welcome, your searching, and your suggestions. I will try the search words you suggested.

Upvote 0
I see nothing to gauge size, so I'll just add my $.02. Maybe a napkin ring or part thereof.

Upvote 0
I see nothing to gauge size, so I'll just add my $.02. Maybe a napkin ring or part thereof.

Good idea there Cuda, :thumbsup: we do need a size; actually I'd like to see a photo of it on the wrist. Most napkin rings are complete rings, although there are some that are open. I'm still leaning toward a bracelet, and the size will determine that.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
Okay, fixing this. The opening is only 3/4" so it doesn't go on as a bracelet that way but it does fit over my hand and onto my wrist, so it is a bracelet I think. It's quite heavy and loose on me. I really appreciate both of your thoughts on this. Still, I'm at a loss not being able to find out anything about it. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, fixing this. The opening is only 3/4" so it doesn't go on as a bracelet that way but it does fit over my hand and onto my wrist, so it is a bracelet I think. It's quite heavy and loose on me. I really appreciate both of your thoughts on this. Still, I'm at a loss not being able to find out anything about it. :icon_scratch:

You could contact/email Tiffany's with photos, and hopefully they can give you all the info.

Breezie

Upvote 0
Okay I'll give that a try. If I find anything out, I'll post it here. Thank you. Pat

Upvote 0
It turns out that Tiffany does have an archives department. Unfortunately, this is the "fee schedule."

FEE SCHEDULE:

General public, collectors, and dealers: $1,000 per object or set. The fee includes photocopying charges, but does not include photograph reproductions. A non-refundable fee of $500 will be charged for processing all research requests.

Upvote 0
can we see the mark / stamp ?
Also, can you put a tape measure and or modern coin inside it so we can get a better idea of the size
At first glance I thought it was a slave trade item, used as a means of money
Brady

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm I assume its not too old due to the fact its marked Tiffany & Co and not Tiffany & Co Makers. Can you make out if the designs are pictures of anything such as hearts?

Upvote 0
Here is another picture of it with a nickel inside. Thank you.

Tiffany3.jpg

Upvote 0
It does read Tiffany & Co Sterling. I have some pictures of the designs:

Tiffany4.jpgTiffany5.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is a picture of the mark on the bracelet.

Tiffany2.jpg

Upvote 0
I suppose there is another possibility....16164086_1_l.jpg...images.jpg...t.jpg

Upvote 0
Interesting, thank you. Will have to look into this possibility.

Upvote 0
That's a good thought bigfoot but I don't think it would be a lid handle for a couple of reasons. First, the loop would flop over and contact the top of the lid where it would pick up too much heat to grab safely. Second, the design goes all the way to the end of the metal. If it were a bearing surface as you would expect from a swivel handle, it should be smooth to minimize wear (which we don't see any of in this piece). Your example also shows a stop built into the handle to keep it from sliding sideways back and forth which would also make sense on a high end piece. It will be probably be one of those "doh" moments when we find out what it is.

Upvote 0
It turns out that Tiffany does have an archives department. Unfortunately, this is the "fee schedule."

FEE SCHEDULE:

General public, collectors, and dealers: $1,000 per object or set. The fee includes photocopying charges, but does not include photograph reproductions. A non-refundable fee of $500 will be charged for processing all research requests.

OUCH! That hurts my feelings. No wonder they're TIFFANY! Okay, I'm going to get on my Soap Box for a minute . . . .There are hundreds, probably thousands of companies who make Sterling silver jewelry, as well as Tiffany's, BUT because Tiffany's prices are sooooo high, they have established a status symbol. The same is true for so many other products; it's all about the name brand. Climbing down now.

Breezie

Upvote 0
PatDee, Bigfoot might be onto something because looking at the 'item,' it is not completely round with the open area being the straight area, plus it seems awfully bulky for a bracelet. You might want to do some searching in that area. Of course Cuda has made some interesting points too.

I think it would be helpful if we knew more info about it. Did you dig it or find it at a 2nd hand store or what?

Breezie

Here's a pic of a Sterling silver Tiffany entree dish.
TiffanyEntreeDish.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back