Thrift Store and Estate Threads

There has been a mod discussion on this since diggum first posted thread. There are also 20 no votes on last check on the unofficial poll...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
And we all know a majority vote means nothing on a privately owned public forum.

And we all know a majority vote means nothing on a privately owned public forum.

Diggum my comment meant nothing more than the fact there are 20 no votes.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Every member is welcome in every forum and ideas are always considered if it enhances the site for members. But anyone being crappy will get shut down.

I'll bite even if it might get me banned. It seems to me that someone who doesn't post on this section of the forum that starts posting snarky and/or sarcastic comments IS being crappy.

Personally I don't see much difference between garage saling, doing the fleas or thrift stores and estate sales. It is all treasure hunting, and one can make great finds and deals across a very wide range of monetary spending at any one of these types of venues. I fail to see how what one pays at any one of these venues has to do with anything. I have no problem spending fifty cents or five hundred dollars at any one of these places if I think I can make money on the item, or get a fantastic deal for one of my collections. I see no real reason to split the forum more into smaller categories, I like it the way it presently exists.

Last edited:
Personally I don't see much difference between garage saling, doing the fleas or thrift stores and estate sales. It is all treasure hunting, and one can make great finds and deals across a very wide range of monetary spending at any one of these types of venues. I fail to see how what one pays at any one of these venues has to do with anything. I have no problem spending fifty cents or five hundred dollars at any one of these places if I think I can make money on the item, or get a fantastic deal for one of my collections. I see no real reason to split the forum more into smaller categories, I like it the way it presently exists.

Gunsil, lately there have been more "how do i run an ebay business" sort of questions and discussions. I think it is suggested, because that topic is popular, but not really a garage/estate/thrift find..a separate forum be created for "how do i run a ebay/amazon etc" businesses and deal with issues that happen in those venues.

Sorry to stir the pot. But when you pick and choose the content of forums that are close to topic, and you complain because you read it. That is not right. Everyone is somebody!! And its not you to choose who they are on a forum! Thats why we have MODERATORS. I read most of the posts on "garage sale" finds and enjoy the posts, and sometimes pass on the ones that I think are boring. But I never try to exclude them from the forum!

Last edited:
Diggum my comment meant nothing more than the fact there are 20 no votes.
I know, but we've been reminded of my comment in the past on other forums that no longer exist. :protest: Only difference was we didn't even have an option to vote about that. It was just... "POOF!" gone one day. :censored:

Sorry to stir the pot. But when you pick and choose the content of forums that are close to topic, and you complain because you read it. That is not right. Everyone is somebody!! And its not you to choose who they are on a forum! Thats why we have MODERATORS. I read most of the posts on "garage sale" finds and enjoy the posts, and sometimes pass on the ones that I think are boring. But I never try to exclude them from the forum!
The only complaining being done around here is from you. No one, especially not me, is complaining about reading any topics, no matter what or where they are posted. I merely suggested an ebay (sub or whatever) forum so that we can open avenues more in depth to that particular subject. Nothing more, nothing less. You obviously read more into it than that, or maybe you just have a personal dislike for someone who replied, who knows. Whatever the case may be, you overreacted, and kind of put yourself in a bad light or so it appears. I've been on this site since before the garage sale finds board even existed. I have very right to suggest anything I want. Just as you have a right to vote no to that suggestion. What you did though was post a flippant and facetious thread in response to the one I posted. You may have thought it was a real good joke, but it doesn't appear many others saw it in that same regard.

PS- I still say that an ebay specific q&a board would bring more traffic to this site via search engine hits (be it Google or what have you) and wouldn't be detrimental to the amount of posts in the Garage Sale Finds forum.

Jerseyben there is a thread and discussion in moderation about your request right now. Sorry but we work for free and we also work real jobs so sometimes decisions on new areas or forums are not like lightning.

Wait a second... You guys work for free?

You might want to take a glance at the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Diggum, we saw Catherine's thread as an opposing opinion, not an attack on your thread....

There was nothing wrong with your suggestion for the ebay board either.

Admin.. I'm curious as to what point we are at with this topic. Will something be posted if it is decided against or for (I'm assuming if for, another forum will appear). If it is still in discussion, is it in the "yes or no" phase or "yes, but how to structure it?" phase. I understand if nothing will be revealed until a final decision is made. I'm just kind of waiting to know if I should post eBay related topics on the "Garage Sale Finds" forum or not. I can wait more patiently though, if so required. :P

Admin.. I'm curious as to what point we are at with this topic. Will something be posted if it is decided against or for (I'm assuming if for, another forum will appear). If it is still in discussion, is it in the "yes or no" phase or "yes, but how to structure it?" phase. I understand if nothing will be revealed until a final decision is made. I'm just kind of waiting to know if I should post eBay related topics on the "Garage Sale Finds" forum or not. I can wait more patiently though, if so required. :P
All Things eBay

Typo in forum rules...

Careful TH, the spelling police are on the job... LoL

Mods can't change spelling on Forum main titles, rules and Terms Of Service, only admins....

A forum called " Internet Selling/Buying" would probably serve everyone who has posted their views on this subject. No matter what forum you hang out on. They all experience these postings. This would help the experienced people on TN compare their stories and frustrations within this area. As all the forums have had questions posted. However I believe that thrift and estate sale should be added to the garage sale Heading as that would attract more newbies to the forum. However you are not going to stop some posts from the unexperienced who don't know where to go which is where the Moderators come in to guide them. But trying to label something EBAY is not going to cover all the internet sale web sites. Less forums=less confussion. I see a lot of sub forums that have little or no traffic. So sometimes making one hides someones post that you may be interested in but never checked that forum. So sometimes open to subjects that are related are GOOD. It up to the moderators to choose. But less forum titles makes their volunteer job a lot easier. Thanks for posting your opinions and finds!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back