Thrift Store and Estate Threads

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the time has come for the owners of this site to create a subsection for Thrift store finds and Estate sales. I see half of all threads posted in this section not "garage sales". Thrift and estate sales have items priced much higher than garage sales. Lets take a vote on the price difference as everything that I buy at a "garage sale" is between 50 cents and a dollar. But if you like everyone posting what they are into and this forum is what they feel comfortable with posting. Then don't vote. Ridiculus!

:BangHead: I haven't been posting in this section that long, but is it always this nit-picky?

No I think the old school in California are wanting to pick and choose what forums are intended for and trying to infuence the moderators who know whats happening. Sorry I didn't have a "garage sale" find to post. Or a thrift "store" or "estate sale". Pick and choose your forte! And try to change the heading under the forum.

Personally I would prefer a troll free forum.

I think the time has come for the owners of this site to create a subsection for Thrift store finds and Estate sales. I see half of all threads posted in this section not "garage sales". Thrift and estate sales have items priced much higher than garage sales. Lets take a vote on the price difference as everything that I buy at a "garage sale" is between 50 cents and a dollar. But if you like everyone posting what they are into and this forum is what they feel comfortable with posting. Then don't vote. Ridiculus!

WHO are you again? I don't recall ever seeing you post in garage sales section before.

WHO are you again? I don't recall ever seeing you post in garage sales section before.[/QUO I don't remember any recent posts either, I look forward to seeing some of your yard, garage, estate, ts, finds!

What a joke. Post some of your finds Catherine come lately. You've made what 2 replies to this forum in last 4 months and now your all high and mighty because of my thread. Get over yourself woman.

Mods delete at will.

Stop the attacks and insults.

Calling a member a troll is an insult.....

Any member can post here.......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
:BangHead: I haven't been posting in this section that long, but is it always this nit-picky?
If you give a dog a bone, it will run with it. Some more than others. lol

This thread is in response to the one I posted regarding an ebay forum, that's all. I asked a simple question and this is the result.

Stop the attacks and insults.

Calling a member a troll is an insult.....

Any member can post here.......

She edited her second reply while I was responding. Before her edit we were all "California Liberals". I guess she wasn't receiving the attention she thinks she is due in the other thread.

She edited her second reply while I was responding. Before her edit we were all "California Liberals". I guess she wasn't receiving the attention she thinks she is due in the other thread.

You should have reported it.... Our rules do not say no insults unless insulted first.....

All, please follow TN rules....

I didn't think it was an insult.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

This thread seems to fit the definition.

Calling or implying a member is a troll is an attack on member and violates our rules....

" Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun!*Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
Well first of all Catherine1 has been a member for a while and I know for fact has contributed often to the arrowhead forum. Every member is welcome in every forum and ideas are always considered if it enhances the site for members. But anyone being crappy will get shut down.

Thanks Rod. As requested, just posted some of my finds from this morning. Enjoy!
Hey ben,I always enjoy reading your posts, my comment was directed towards catherine as I don't recall seeing any or reading any of her posts other than her chiming in on diggum's ebay post. kinda like people who want to talk politics but don't vote!

Well first of all Catherine1 has been a member for a while and I know for fact has contributed often to the arrowhead forum. Every member is welcome in every forum and ideas are always considered if it enhances the site for members. But anyone being crappy will get shut down.

Well, I think many of us are waiting patiently to see if our "idea that enhances the site" has been considered or is being ignored. See my signature for details.

Well, I think many of us are waiting patiently to see if our "idea that enhances the site" has been considered or is being ignored. See my signature for details.

Jerseyben there is a thread and discussion in moderation about your request right now. Sorry but we work for free and we also work real jobs so sometimes decisions on new areas or forums are not like lightning.

There has been a mod discussion on this since diggum first posted thread. There are also 20 no votes on last check on the unofficial poll...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back