pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out at a spot I've been doing a bit lately and decided to get further away from where everyone goes now, in hopes of less trash and some older, deeper coins. I had been doing the trashier spots around there, but wanted to run a bigger coil I hadn't yet tried out.. Since the area seemed pretty clean, I set my GB a bit negative and ran in all-metal, looking for best depth.

Success!

My first "Walker", a couple of silver Rosies, a wheat cent, and a '40 Jefferson (not cleaned off yet).
Plenty more out there... I only did a small area. :sunny:

IMG_0633.JPG

Upvote 19
Congrats on the finds, nice looking Walking Liberty!

Big Congrats! Finding a Walker would make anyone's day. Which larger search coil were you using and how deep were the targets?

tabman

how do you spell sweet? Well a Walker is an awesome start!:hello2:

Thanks, folks!

tabman, I used my 5-pin 11x8 Widescan for the first time. I've used that coil plenty in 4-pin version before; first time out with the 5-pin. I wouldn't like it in heavy trash, but it works well on the Outlaw with the occasional bullet shell, bottle cap and pulltab. No way I'd use it in a campground though, which is where I usually hunt. Those DD's like bottlecaps too much and my campgrounds are loaded with 'em, so I nearly always use the 5.75 or 8" donut.

Depth on the half dollar was only about 5-6" and the wheatie and dimes, about 7-8". I have dug up some copper memorial cents at about 10" with the 11x8 on the Outlaw; those were in composted pine needles.

Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Congrats on your first Walking Lib Half. Those are a great coin to see come out of the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back