Three Of Us Hunted The BAD Part Of Town (long)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
thisistheplace2.jpg
Three of us met at 09:00 am this morning and this is the type of area we hunted. Looks simple enough....but read on.

twohunters2-1.jpg
Here's the other two doing some searching amongst the trees and trails.

wallets2.jpg
Some of the risks we encountered were people doing crack passed out in the woods. You just don't hunt these places by yourself. There are syringes everywhere and wallets & purses lying around that were stolen and pillaged. And burrs everywhere. Gloves are high on the menu around here.

hogspillicense2.jpg
There were good finds too. I got a nice coin spill buy a wallet and an old tobacco tin.

And for "BIG CAT DADDY" a hog t-shirt was lying beside an Aussie bottle of wine. Heck, just a hogs blind luck that I would find it out here. No skills required!

mustang2.jpg
It's always nice to find some older kids toys in the woods. Scott got a real nice car. This older Mustang sure made my day.

allcoinsandsunglasses2.jpg
We headed home just past noon. I went home to have some lunch and headed out for another hunt at a sports field where I got some more keepers.

lastringsandsilver2.jpg
Here are the best of the best today. The rings and silver coins were pulled out of a sports field. The rest out of the woods.

Attachments

• 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,191
  • 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,183
Upvote 0
Nice haul, stay safe.

Nice hunt..I think the Sex token is the best...lol good for one Sex act of your choosing...LMAO hope you brought a knife or gun those detectors are just what they wanna steal

Nice Job. Be careful around those those needles...Wear gloves for sure....jgas

Nice pics & finds John! I have a quick question for you.. as far as dimes & quarters go, when did Canada stop making their coins with silver?

Cheers

catskillcomics said:
Nice pics & finds John! I have a quick question for you.. as far as dimes & quarters go, when did Canada stop making their coins with silver?

Cheers
The year was 1968. That year the mint made both clad and silver suited for circulation

Nice finds. You guys need to be called "Danger Rides"

SKD

Nice digs :)

HH

Nice finds,

Yes I'd say that is a great home for a drug addict. I have came across the same type of things while out hunting. I have even seen addicts just sitting out in space in the middle of the woods.

Kind of makes you feal uneasy. I should carry a piece. I don't though because I'll make a bad situation worse. I don't wanna shoot someone while I'm out detecting. My buddy carries a .45. I feal less of a man if I had to carry a piece.

I have never had any real problems even in the worst areas. But it is best to travel in a group.

HH Jer

I do alot of detecting in the "bad" part of many larger cities and you ALWAYS have to be aware of where you are and who is around! I've got a reminder that I see every time I take the detector out of my truck!! I usually hunt alone and use much caution!!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 674
wow nice find.

Way to go John...travel in packs! I was at a tot lot yesterday (by myself) when 5 twenty something toughs showed up and were eyeballing me. I wasn't being watchful enough as they were only 30 feet from the lot when I looked up and saw them. I kept swinging the coil and made my way to the car...moving slowly to not let on that I was concerned, the lesche clutched tightly in my hand, my right arm out of the Velcro strap in case I needed to swing the M6 at some heads. What ticks me off is I had just found a ring and I hadn't gotten to the swings or the chin up bars yet!

Glad you guys got out of there without incident.! Congrats on the nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back