This weekends trip

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
This weekend's trip

This weekend, I went up Beeline highway toward Payson, but only to the turnoff for Sycamore Creek, which is just past mile marker 203. Went all the way in to Sycamore Creek, then metal detected there and worked my way up about two miles on the creek
bed. I have a book (Delos Toole)_that shows a placer a bit below that, but I wanted to see if I could get any hits above it. I was at Sycamore Creek about two weeks ago at that point and I found a very small gold flake, I had to use my magnifying glass to see it. That was the reason I decided to check upstream, just to see if maybe I could get closer to the source, so to speak. Well, that theory did not hold much water, all I found was junk, but one of the good things I noticed, was the farther away I got from the road access, the less junk hits I got. In fact, near the point I turned around at, I probably had traveled 1/2 mile or more without a single hit on the detector.

Re: This weekend's trip

Hit up the banks along the creek. Delos Tooles books have been around a long time, so you might want to run under the assumption the areas he listed have been hammered. Most people will try to stay in the washes & creek. So work the banks & the smaller washes leading into the bigger washes. Like my partner says, "There's gotta be something there!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back