This weekend we had a chance to go out.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Heather, Dylan, Kylie and I had a chance to go on a quick family hunt this weekend. We went to the local football/baseball field where the kids had a great time. We only have one detector so the kids were using it and Mom and Dad were digging.

As I said it was a short hunt but we all had a blast.

Finds:

1-1977 Quarter
1-1979 Quarter
1-1996 Nickel
3-newer pennies
1-large costume type hoop earring
A few coke reward points found by eye
Approximately 1 million nuts and bolts(LOL) left by the guys that redone the bleachers earlier this year

Sorry no pictures of the site or finds, our camera needs a new battery so it only holds a charge for a few seconds.

Hope everbody is doing well, keeping warm and ready for a wonderful Holliday!

Lonnie

Upvote 0
WindHarvester said:
Heather, Dylan, Kylie and I had a chance to go on a quick family hunt this weekend. We went to the local football/baseball field where the kids had a great time. We only have one detector so the kids were using it and Mom and Dad were digging.

Finds:

1-1977 Quarter
1-1979 Quarter
1-1996 Nickel
3-newer pennies
Approximately 1 million nuts and bolts(LOL) left by the guys that redone the bleachers earlier this year

Sorry no pictures of the site or finds, our camera needs a new battery so it only holds a charge for a few seconds.

Lonnie

Keep at it. There is a piece of gold with you're name on it coming soon. ;)
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
WindHarvester said:

Finds:

1-1977 Quarter
1-1979 Quarter
1-1996 Nickel
3-newer pennies

Lonnie

Keep at it. There is a piece of gold with you're name on it coming soon. ;)
-MM-

I hope so ModernMiner, the kids would be so happy to find some gold. Someday I'm going to scan a picture of their collection and post it. We have been saving coins for many years.

Lonnie

Would love to see them Lonnie.
-MM-

Sounds like a fun hunt, Lonnie..well, except for the nuts and bolts. :P :D Congrats on the family time and those finds! :)

Nana :)

ModernMiner said:
Would love to see them Lonnie.
-MM-

I'm going to get them together very soon, it will probably take three or so scans. We've got a friend at the bank so it's alot of eye candy from all over the place!

Thanks -MM- and take care,

Lonnie

KirkPA said:
At least you got out, buddy. I hope you rode your oversized, inflate motorcycle to the site. ;) :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

Yep Kurt, it was great to get out, love spending time with the little ones treasure hunting. No I don't have my ego inflator motorscooter anymore, after that post in personal rants Montana Jim offered to buy it, he said after all that was talked about his pink motorscooter made him feel like a sissy. ;) ;D

Nana40 said:
Sounds like a fun hunt, Lonnie..well, except for the nuts and bolts. :P :D Congrats on the family time and those finds! :)

Nana :)

Hello Nana,

I'll take a day of finding nothing but nuts and bolts with my family over a day of finding gold without them any day of the week.

Nana your just a sweetie and I always enjoy your posts!

Lonnie

tymcmurray said:
Nut and bolts are a ncessary evil.
Cleaning the place up so that the good stuff can be found.

How true that is tymcmurray. I know the good stuff is there because in the 20 something years I've lived around here I've never seen another detectorist, and I'm sure you know what falls from peoples pockets under bleachers. Not to mention we reside in a town on the Muskingum river which is full of history, including the Morgan raiders and the big bottom massacre.

Thanks for the nice post's from all and we hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Lonnie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back