This mornings Cape Cod beach finds... and an unexpected turn of bad luck

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
This morning's Cape Cod beach finds... and an unexpected turn of bad luck

Ugh, what a morning.

So I get up again at 4:30am (my wife told me just now that it looks like somebody punched me in the eyes, so I'm obviously not getting enough sleep), and head off to try two new spots on Cape Cod this morning.

The first is a small beach on the north side of the Cape that really doesn't get any major wave action, but fills up and empties out with the tides. Saw a bunch of people wading around in the low tide water the other day, so I thought I'd try it out. Found a bunch of pull tabs and a few coins here and there, and a little butterfly that looks like it is off of a ring or necklace. The muck was pretty thick on the bottom, and my feet kept sinking into it, so after about an hour I'd had enough and packed up to head over to an inland "pond" that is actually a good sized lake.

There is a small swimming beach at the pond that we saw when driving around the other day, and I wanted to try it out. Didn't do too bad here, picking up a couple of earrings, a cross, a sandal, and a mood ring.

OK, so here's where the "UGH" comes in... when I was done detecting, I went back to my rental car and it would not start. What I think happened is that the key is built right into the key fob with the automatic door lock / unlock, and I suppose now that there is also some sort of transponder in there that communicates with the car. Well, I've been keeping this key/fob in my finds pouch which is submerged most of the time I've been detecting over the past week and a half. I guess the salt water must have leaked into the inside of the fob and screwed up the battery or computer chip or whatever is in there, so that it no longer started the car. I had to call for a tow truck, which came and towed my rental car away. There I sat, soaking wet, with my metal detectors, scoop, and the rest of the contents of the rental car (beach chairs, etc), and had to wait for someone from the rental car company to come pick me up and drive me back to their office to get a new rental car. What a drag!!!!!

Anyways, here are my finds from this morning... I'm hoping that tomorrow brings better luck both with the rental car and with some killer rings / jewelry!!!!

Attachments

• Cape Cod 7-31-08.jpg
    Cape Cod 7-31-08.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0
Re: This morning's Cape Cod beach finds... and an unexpected turn of bad luck

Good diggins' but, bummer car trouble....

Keep safe...

Keith

:D :sleepy2: You've got to get to bed earlier, if you're gonna hunt at 4:30 AM! :P :wink:

Sorry bout the car. Congrats on the keepers. :)

Nana

Those are some cool finds! OOPS on the car problem I hope they didn't charge you for it. I hope you find some nice jewelry next time out to make up for it. HH Tom

Definitely can relate, live in Denver, clutch went out in Golden. They tried to charge too much in Golden, towed to Denver. Better now, but screwed up quite a few days of detecting for me. Good stuff!
CurbdiggerCarl

Really good finds! That sucks about the car though! :( Hope you get it fixed!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back