This is gonna be good.....

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Thats what I was thinking as I stood just inside a 1-1/2 acre "old growth" woodlot near the old school. The school had a monument date of 1908 and the woodlot was just accross the ballfield. The lot had been freshly mowed and the only trees on it were sparcley scattered oaks you couldnt reach your arms around.I was only ten steps in and had dug , in this order ...a 1960d penny , a 1942 penny , and a 1919 buffalo nickle...
To make a long story short....4 hours later I retreated with a handful of clad , three more wheats , and a couple of misc. things. I cant really complain but.......Im gonna anyway....what the hell...I thought I was gonna find a bunch of old loot...what kind of bait and switch is this....c'mon history, throw me a bone!

Oh well.....better luck next time....H.H. JO

Attachments

• 7-24 finds.jpg
    7-24 finds.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0
The little .25-20 was a fairly popular small game cartridge back in the early 1900's but lost out to modern high velocity cartridges in the 1930s. You cans still get a gun in this caliber if you order it custom made. I have only seen one modern gun in this caliber and it was a custom barrel for a Contender pistol. I think getting ammo would be a problem unless you handload. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back