🥇 BANNER This doesn't happen often. Old Hikok wallet with 4 silvers in it, 10k 1943 class ring and an 1875cc dime.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doing mostly public places I don't usually have hunts like this. I've been working a vast area of old farm land. Lot of ground to cover. Needle in hay stack of shotgun shells type place. Got the usual shot shell signal and saw a class ring in the clump.

*1943 10k ring from Bever College. I definitely snagged the bottom of band with shovel. Nothing a jeweler can't fix. It's been sized once and appears to have a crack in one of the sizing seams. 9.11 grams with center stone.

*Had a low tone out of the fields on a trail. A destroyed wallet and I was picking up its snap button and zipper. Moved a few more leaves and had a high tone. Really shiny 1964 Washington. I concluded at one point it must have been in the now mangled wallet. Swept around leaves with pointer and 2 Washington's, a merc and clad nickel all laying on top each other like fallen dominoes. Wallet was made by Hikok mfg Co in New York. I think they sold that brand at sears and maybe other stores? Hikok made men's accessories like belt buckles, wallets ect

*kept going on trail and got the 1875cc. Unfortunately I got the front as it was up against a baby tree. Back is fine , go figure. I'll post a picture when I get home.

Other non precious items in bigger group shot. Think that's a gas key?

Attachments

• 20240310_181524.jpg
    20240310_181524.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 162,627
  • 20240310_154635.jpg
    20240310_154635.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 790
  • IMG_20240310_183540_728.jpg
    IMG_20240310_183540_728.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 725
  • 20240311_180217.jpg
    20240311_180217.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 762
Last edited:
Upvote 101
Doing mostly public places I don't usually have hunts like this. I've been working a vast area of old farm land. Lot of ground to cover. Needle in hay stack of shotgun shells type place. Got the usual shot shell signal and saw a class ring in the clump.

*1943 10k ring from Bever College. I definitely snagged the bottom of band with shovel. Nothing a jeweler can't fix. It's been sized once and appears to have a crack in one of the sizing seams. 9.11 grams with center stone.

*Had a low tone out of the fields on a trail. A destroyed wallet and I was picking up its snap button and zipper. Moved a few more leaves and had a high tone. Really shiny 1964 Washington. I concluded at one point it must have been in the now mangled wallet. Swept around leaves with pointer and 2 Washington's, a merc and clad nickel all laying on top each other like fallen dominoes. Wallet was made by Hikok mfg Co in New York. I think they sold that brand at sears and maybe other stores? Hikok made men's accessories like belt buckles, wallets ect

*kept going on trail and got the 1875cc. Unfortunately I got the front as it was up against a baby tree. Back is fine , go figure. I'll post a picture when I get home.

That is some find! Those don't come along very often.

Congrats on your find !!

ooops, my bad, didn't read everything,
Apparently you did not get the Ring or the seated liberty in the purse ?
What year was the clad nickel ?
Did the Merc come with the wallet ?

You know what's really amazing ?
That wallet could not have been lost any earlier than 1964, considering that it was the latest date in the coins, (2)
I believe that the Seated Liberty Dime was probably a good luck coin, along with the ring. the other coins were probably pocket change, as my father used to tell me that when he was a young man working in a store, silver was silver and you could find almost anything in regular pocket change... because silver was just that, pocket change..

ooops, my bad, didn't read everything,
Apparently you did not get the Ring or the seated liberty in the purse ?
What year was the clad nickel ?
Did the Merc come with the wallet ?

You know what's really amazing ?
That wallet could not have been lost any earlier than 1964, considering that it was the latest date in the coins, (2)
I believe that the Seated Liberty Dime was probably a good luck coin, along with the ring. the other coins were probably pocket change, as my father used to tell me that when he was a young man working in a store, silver was silver and you could find almost anything in regular pocket change... because silver was just that, pocket change..
The nickel was a 60s one. Seated dime was on trail to where wallet was found but not in wallet. Wallet was the 3 quarters, a 1944 merc , a clad nickel and a designated photograph. Ring was by a dumpy area. so someone probably lost it dumping their trash there in the 50s ot 60s based on the glass in it. All im same woods though.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back