This afternoon

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I promise no more debitage photos today (after these).
Over 4 miles walked so far today. At least good for my heart.
I found another batch of flakes.
These caught my eye the quickest.
Left pc looked like a point when partially sand covered. The middle one looked like a drill upon discovery.
The right pc has great coloration.
I believe all 3 are just flakes. One of these days, it’ll be the real thing again. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    780.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    643.6 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 4
Agreed, these are just flakes.

when i see flakes like the one in the middle I wonder if it is the finishing touch flake on another piece.

I’d say flakes too. It may just be a product of looking at pictures on line but each batch you post it looks like multiple pieces show an edge that could be retouched, may have a handful of quick flake tools, or it could be a product the environment.

I’d say flakes too. It may just be a product of looking at pictures on line but each batch you post it looks like multiple pieces show an edge that could be retouched, may have a handful of quick flake tools, or it could be a product the environment.
Quite a few have edges that look scalloped but there doesn’t appear to be any with true worked edges. I’m guessing that’s just how they ended up after centuries in the sand. I keep looking for a real tool. I’ve only found one blade this year. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back