Thinking about which coil to buy for my DFX.

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I just got a nice used DFX and I was hoping someone could help me pick out a smaller coil for it. I hunt mostly in vacant lots, construction sites, and other very trashy areas where the 950 coil is way too big. On my Xlt I usually use the black max 5.3 or 4x6DD with very good results, but is the eclipse 5.3 about the same on the DFX? I also was considering the 4x6DD or the 6x10DD, or even excellerator coils. Problem is, I can only get one coil for this season. Any experienced DFX users who can help point me to the best coil? Thanks Niffler

I have a 5.3 and 6x10 for my DFX and I use the 6x10 most. The 5.3 is best in really trashy sites but since I got the 6x10 I don't use it much. All around the 6x10 gets used all the time now. I haven't found a site so trashy I needed to switch to the 5.3 from the 6x10.

I have the 4X6 DD and like it for trashy spots or close to sidewalks. It pinpoints well off the point too. :thumbsup: The Accelerator coils aren't worth the money and you are better off with a White's coil as they are warrantied.

Attachments

• Eclipse 4X6 DD.jpg
    Eclipse 4X6 DD.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 281
Sandman said:
I have the 4X6 DD and like it for trashy spots or close to sidewalks. It pinpoints well off the point too. :thumbsup: The Accelerator coils aren't worth the money and you are better off with a White's coil as they are warrantied.
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back