Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
North-East Massachusetts escaped the most recent snow storm with only a coating of the white stuff. Lucky for me as my snow blower decided to crap out. I took advantage of the sunny skies today, and went out into a favorite section of woods for a three hour look-about. The detecting gods were very kind to me, resulting in 5 silver coins, and some other desirable finds. The silvers included: 1942 Walking Liberty half dollar, a no date SLQ ( Variety 2), 1926 & 1945 Mercury dime, and a 1943-S war nickel.

09.jpg
010.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg

Other noteworthy items included 1899 IHP, a religious medallion, and a flat button. The face of the button is plain, but the back is marked " London, Extra Rick". I always manage to uncover some cutlery when out in the woods. Today was no different with the pictured fork and spoon.

07.jpg
011.jpg

Thanks for looking! HH
Scott

Upvote 62
North-East Massachusetts escaped the most recent snow storm with only a coating of the white stuff. Lucky for me as my snow blower decided to crap out. I took advantage of the sunny skies today, and went out into a favorite section of woods for a three hour look-about. The detecting gods were very kind to me, resulting in 5 silver coins, and some other desirable finds. The silvers included: 1942 Walking Liberty half dollar, a no date SLQ ( Variety 2), 1926 & 1945 Mercury dime, and a 1943-S war nickel.

View attachment 2131597View attachment 2131598View attachment 2131592View attachment 2131593
Other noteworthy items included 1899 IHP, a religious medallion, and a flat button. The face of the button is plain, but the back is marked " London, Extra Rick". I always manage to uncover some cutlery when out in the woods. Today was no different with the pictured fork and spoon.

View attachment 2131599View attachment 2131600
Thanks for looking! HH
Scott
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks JB. For me, detecting in the woods involves a lot of "trial & error". I may start with identifying a potential site by looking at maps or old aerial photos. But then I will spend many hours wandering around the area with my detector looking for hot spots... Once I find a spot with a lot of targets, I will take my time and grid it out. I've had good success with this method, but its very time intensive. In 2023 I spent about 370 hours detecting out in the woods. There is always a mix of foot trails and rough carriage paths. Sometimes the most unlikely spots produce the best finds. I hope this is helpful. Good luck out there! Scott
Really need to grind it out, huh! 370 hours= 2 weeks straight MD'ing.... that's impressive! I'm gonna do my cuts inland hunt this Spring and deviate from my beach hunts! JB

View attachment 2131597View attachment 2131598View attachment 2131592View attachment 2131593

View attachment 2131599View attachment 2131600
Thanks for looking! HH
Scott
Good job between the storms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back