The True Story of Victorio Peak

Robval84, are you in New Mexico? thanks
jacks books are bull, he lived with me for a year and admitted he made tons of material of his three books up, super lies and embelishments. so, read jack stahleys books if you can for free, just do not pay for them. and i trusted him once. dammit.

I really like apple jacks !

Interesting thread, but I would like to clarify. Geronimo never spent much time in jail at Ft. Sill. In 1909 he was riding back from Lawton to the post, probably intoxicated, was thrown from his horse and laid in a ditch all night. When he was found the next morning, he had developed pneumonia, was taken to the post and placed in a little stone hut behind the post hospital where he died. No Doc Noss or anybody else besides family for company. (sources--W. S. Nye & Ft. Sill Military records.)

Interesting thread, but I would like to clarify. Geronimo never spent much time in jail at Ft. Sill. In 1909 he was riding back from Lawton to the post, probably intoxicated, was thrown from his horse and laid in a ditch all night. When he was found the next morning, he had developed pneumonia, was taken to the post and placed in a little stone hut behind the post hospital where he died. No Doc Noss or anybody else besides family for company. (sources--W. S. Nye & Ft. Sill Military records.)
Correct. Geronimo's "jail cell" is quite a cell to behold, but it is in the old guardhouse and was only used to temporarily house prisoners. It is more of a holding cell, kind of like what you see in movies/tv about the old west, where there's a small cell inside the sheriff's office. It is a lot more fortified than what you see on tv but isn't the prison many imagine it being.

After the prisoners were sent to Florida and Alabama where they were literally worked to death, starved, and paraded like cattle at a stock exchange at fairs to show the might of the US army, they were sent back west to Fort Sill. Goyaale (as well as others) were more than likely kept there in the guardhouse temporarily until they were allowed to build their own homes, plant gardens, etc. They could move about freely at that point, even visiting town as he did when he died, but they were still prisoners of war and their movements limited. He was at Fort Sill over a decade but it wasn't locked in that tiny cell Nelson Mandella style for all of that time.

When he died there was family there with him and one other, a name the will remain unspoken, but I've never heard of Doc Noss being there, probably because he never was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back