The Track-Way Site - Day 11 - Hammered & SAXON SCEAT...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mild day & the ground is still very dry on top, perfect conditions.
We noticed they had disced the edge of the field, not sure why yet but it might be getting close to Spring Drilling, so the pressure is on to finish soon.
15 mins shy of 6 hours;

11 Scrappies (2 pierced)
2 Livery Buttons
Circa 1795 Royal Artillery Button
Curved Stone Spindle Whorl, date unknown but I suspect Saxon. (Rare eyes only)
2 complete Buckles
Tiny thimble not even half the size of my small finger, makes you wonder if the started babies sewing at an early age!
18th C Gaming Token
18th C Medallion (not got but can't ID)
2 Medieval Seal Matrix (1 broken lead bit)
3 Saxon 6th C AD Brooches (2 bits but 1 nice one, which I've been hoping for in this area)
Saxon Wrist Clasp
2 Bits of Saxon Girdle Hanger
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Strap-end
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG

Saxon Sceat Circa AD700- Seems to be a Series R but can't find a reverse match in the book, might be quite scarce or an imitation, I'll await the judgement.

Both silvers fell to me this time but it was the other way around last visit. So we are sharing the love...

Upvote 25
We noticed they had disced the edge of the field, not sure why yet but it might be getting close to Spring Drilling, so the pressure is on to finish soon.
15 mins shy of 6 hours;

11 Scrappies (2 pierced)
2 Livery Buttons
2 complete Buckles
Tiny thimble not even half the size of my small finger, makes you wonder if the started babies sewing at an early age!
18th C Gaming Token
3 Saxon 6th C AD Brooches (2 bits but 1 nice one, which I've been hoping for in this area)
Saxon Wrist Clasp
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Strap-end
View attachment 2069085View attachment 2069086View attachment 2069087View attachment 2069088View attachment 2069089View attachment 2069090View attachment 2069091View attachment 2069092View attachment 2069093View attachment 2069094View attachment 2069095
Saxon Sceat Circa AD700- Seems to be a Series R but can't find a reverse match in the book, might be quite scarce or an imitation, I'll await the judgement.

Both silvers fell to me this time but it was the other way around last visit. So we are sharing the love...
Cool! Babies sewing!
Let the sceat streak begin!

The Medieval Seal Matrix looks to be in decent shape Cru, that's a beautiful find! :thumbsup:
Every time I see the volume of the finds you and your Dad recover, I think you guys must go out there with vacuum cleaners strapped to your backs. :laughing7:

The Medieval Seal Matrix looks to be in decent shape Cru, that's a beautiful find! :thumbsup:
Every time I see the volume of the finds you and your Dad recover, I think you guys must go out there with vacuum cleaners strapped to your backs. :laughing7:
I got the Seal on the last run OTWBTTC & it was on the surface. Although complete I can't make out the central image.
Volume of finds is not just finding the right area & gridding it, its about gridding it fast which means getting those targets in your pouch ASAP and moving on to the next. No knees needed, and a pin pointer would slow you down even further. Its like any sport, good technique gives the edge. Grabbing the right dirt first time is the aim.

2 things. I think that thimble is from the game monopoly? I found a tiny one once and it was from the board game. Also I love that you call Roman coins scrappies. I understand that you find so many, and they are very old and worn. Still sounds funny to me.

I'd love to restore that seal matrix and use it...
I know they had short lives in the 19th C but boy did those babies have skills.....

View attachment 2069176
Babies today just don't have those kind of skills. :)

15 mins shy of 6 hours;

11 Scrappies (2 pierced)
2 Livery Buttons
2 complete Buckles
18th C Gaming Token
Saxon Wrist Clasp
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Strap-end
View attachment 2069085View attachment 2069086View attachment 2069087View attachment 2069088View attachment 2069089View attachment 2069090View attachment 2069091View attachment 2069092View attachment 2069093View attachment 2069094View attachment 2069095

Crusader yiur finds are absolutely AMAZING Thank you for taking the time to SHARE WITH US !!!. How do you locate the spots to detect ? What SETTINGS ARE YOU USING on your D2 ?
Thanks

15 mins shy of 6 hours;

11 Scrappies (2 pierced)
2 Livery Buttons
2 complete Buckles
18th C Gaming Token
Saxon Wrist Clasp
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Strap-end

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

2 things. I think that thimble is from the game monopoly? I found a tiny one once and it was from the board game. Also I love that you call Roman coins scrappies. I understand that you find so many, and they are very old and worn. Still sounds funny to me.
That one is not a monopoly game thimble.....I can assure you.

15 mins shy of 6 hours;

11 Scrappies (2 pierced)
2 Livery Buttons
2 complete Buckles
18th C Gaming Token
Saxon Wrist Clasp
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Strap-end

WOW! Cru ,
I can only imagine what your collection of just Brass , pewter , lead items looks like & all silver must look amazing , if yr country or the land owner does not keep the more common items made of precious metals .

Peace Davey in N GA USA

Crusader yiur finds are absolutely AMAZING Thank you for taking the time to SHARE WITH US !!!. How do you locate the spots to detect ? What SETTINGS ARE YOU USING on your D2 ?
Thanks
Google earth & other archaeological resourse's.

Just the factory deep setting, waiting until the bring out version 1.0 before messing around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back