The sun isnt the only thing shining today; so is 18 K....( I got lucky again )

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sun isn't the only thing shining today; so is 18 K....( I got lucky again )

After some chores, decided to get out to the beach late morning .

Tide was coming in, so I hunted what remained of the muddy floor near the shoreline.

One of the first hits was a nice low sound, and out came a ring that is stamped 10 K, but it is so "shabby" looking, I seriously doubt that to be true, although two acid tests are + with a filing down...somehow this ring just does not look good to me...will take it to the jeweler to verify either way and repost results.

Would you believe I proceeded to take just 3 more steps in the mud before recovering the 18K ring.....nice low, solid, contained under the coil sound...couldn't miss that one.

Ring weighs 2.58 gms.

Here's some pics.

thank you for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF0393.JPG
    DSCF0393.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSCF0390.JPG
    DSCF0390.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,273
  • DSCF0394.JPG
    DSCF0394.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,292
  • DSCF0401.JPG
    DSCF0401.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • DSCF0402.JPG
    DSCF0402.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSCF0411.JPG
    DSCF0411.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,144
Upvote 0
Re: The sun isn't the only thing shining today; so is 18 K....( I got lucky again )

Thats a really nice ring..........Anything is better than doing chores too.... :laughing7:

Re: The sun isn't the only thing shining today; so is 18 K....( I got lucky again )

Ooohhhh Lorraine! Sweet honey! :wink:

That 18k, almost looks like alexandrite! Do you know what the stone is? :o

You keep it up, girlfriend! YEAH! :hello2:

Nice!!! congrats..let us know about the 10k and the stones.

What no relics? NICE 18k ring, that is a beauty Lorraine.

Chuck

Holey cow, thats a beaut... does it fit ya? I dont think I could part with that baby at all.

Sweeeeeeeeeet! :notworthy:

wow wow wow!! that 18K is a beauty Lorraine!! congrats and hope the other one proves good too!

Holey Moley, what an eye popper! I bet the other ring is 10KT.

Great job on the double gold score Lorraine! If the 10K ring gave a low tone and passed the acid test then my bet says it is in fact 10K. Put a little jewelry polish on it and see how well it cleans up. I have noticed that 10K jewelry can come out of the wet sand / water looking tarnished. Then with just a little jewelry polish (I use MAAS) it brings back the familiar gold shine very quickly.

that 18k ring looks really cool!!a very neat design

WOW!!! Way to go Lorraine! :thumbsup:

Great job!! :hello2:

Got Karma? Oooh Ya!!!!

18k it's so peerty! ;D

SnT

Very nice! 2 in 1 day is always good. Dont know what the stones are, but it does look good, both look good.

That 18k gold ring is absolutely
stunning Lorraine. Congrats.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

There just are not enough words to describe that beauty you found! They've all been said! It truely is georgous and to tell the truth I like the other one too! Congrats to you on your finds!

Very nice finds :icon_salut:

scrounger d detector collector said:
izzat some kinda bubble wrap u used to photo graph on ?

it makes a nice presentation

Thank you , scrounger.

No, it is my blouse collar tab.

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF0423.JPG
    DSCF0423.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 822

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back