battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa

Attachments

• homestead2.jpg
    homestead2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0
Hey Ghost surf, There is an old building that I havnt got to check out yet, its in front of this one closer to the road ... Maybe an old garage?
I havnt found a driveway but it may be grown over and would probably lead to that building??
There is a fence line but I think it may be newer. Im sure if I look hard enough I can find the old one.
Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone, Im gonna do some more research and try to get out there early next week. I will keep everyone posted!!!! ;D
Jimmy

I know what my FIANCEE would say.... When she see's those pictures..

WOW...! E bay...! STUFF...! BRINK

Say here is a good one for you!! Be careful..You may not be the only one in the place why? Because I knew a friend who was detecting in the mountains and found this old building..When he went in all seemed good until he came to a room that seemed used..It was by two men who where dealing drugs had a automatic Ozzy and just about blew him away...He had training and was an M.P. so he knew what to say though he was not outfitted for his normal doings...He was seen and had no-choice but to pull a slip shod to look authentic like the place was surrounded...It worked and the men left in a hurry!But also left stuff laying around as evidence..and the State Police and the Air Force was notified and did the rest of the investigating.He was darn lucky! and that is why if you do go hunting in abandoned places..Always watch behind you and always listen to everything, because you could indeed be caught in a dangerous situation.These old places are prime areas for this type of activity!Look for fresh footsteps and tire tracks and items that look newer or like they don't fit the picture quite right...It could give you some hints.If you read anything about detectives...They see the stuff that looks out of normal line of things.thats how they get there man/women.

diggummup that is funny as heck that your mom did that to you!!!? Heh, that would probably be child abuse these days! LOL

Battlecat, if you find a taperecorder in that place, DONT PLAY IT!

...dammit, it is 2am and I have to go down in the basement to get the laundry...somewhat reluctant!! NOthing better than ghost storied!! LOL

What were you doing at my weekend home and why is everyone so concerned 'bout it? Hey Ghost, the mere thought of an automatic "Ozzy" makes me wonder..., aw nevermind.

Hey Battlecat, now you gots to go back. Wasn't that your detector on the back of the fridge-Oops my mistake, just a tree limb.Ha Ha! Keep us posted.

that looks like a great place to find stuff to me.? i doubt a place as funked as that has attracted too many treasure hunters lol... any idea how long its been there?

it looks very dust bowl turn of the century i'm drudging through the great depressiony...

family.jpg

"Welcome to our home... oh.. him? NO no, heavens, no... that was the nutter butter family after us.? We moved to the Big City after Horace found a bag of gold coins out back when he was plowing. "

what state is this house in?? State as in United States, not "disarray", for example.

VERY COOL PICTURE NICK ;

Good News looks like Buckmild1 and I are going to get to hunt this one together.
We live very close and he knows a family that I think should know the owners or may even be the owners.
This is off a road that is named after a family that has lived in this area for a long time and owned all this land at one time, or hopefully still do.
Jimmy

"RED ROOM! RED ROOM!"

Since when is Ozzy associated with drugs!??? ;D Heh, i could'nt resist ;D

Hey Battlecat, that house didn't look too bad structually, i'd look into buying it for a song, gutting it,whitewashing it and reselling it for a tidy little profit,sometimes treasure can be what you make of it. i'd check the towns tax maps to see who owns it. what part of florida is it in ? i don't know about the real estate market down there, but up here in Maine the market has gone thru the roof. don't let everyone scare you about the disease's and bug's etc. (BLEACH KILL'S EVERYTHING).

Pat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back