The site that keeps showing its timeline...

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunday I returned to a local property to take advantage of what was predicted to be a mild, sunny day. Having been to this site several times I wasn't expecting much and decided to go slow and just enjoy the solitude. This site has given myself and granthansen a little bit of everything on past hunts, from a King George copper, to a museum-donated mid-1800s watch plate, to a flying eagle, several indians, an old cast iron skillet, a few mercs, etc., etc. Basically, the finds represent a long timeline, so it's always a mystery as to what will be unearthed there. On my way out the door, my wife said, "you're going there again--didn't you say it's hunted out?" I told her it wasn't about what I'd find, but what I was seeking (alone time and sun). Well, I got the peaceful day I sought and as an added bonus I came home with a 1904 Barber dime, an 1890 Indian, another decorative suspender clip (my 4th from this site; this one says Pat. 1856); a nice makeup compact, a tin whatsit that says "12 feet/10 cents," some kind of copper clasp, a pewter spoon piece, a small caliber bullet, and other relics. All in all, a great day to myself, which really recharged me. HH

1904 barber dime front.jpg1890 indian.jpgsuspender clip.jpghelena_rubenstein_compact_front.jpg12 feet--10 cents.jpgclasp1.jpgclasp2.jpgpewter spoon piece.jpgbullet.jpg

Upvote 11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back